* possible rgnus0.70 bug
@ 1996-11-25 13:23 andreas
From: andreas @ 1996-11-25 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all...

i just compiled and started using rgnus 0.70 with xemacs 19.14 and
emacs 19.34 and noticed that the pop mail password function seems to
be broken...

when i am prompted for my pop password i enter it and then rgnus goes
off and does some stuff and then prompts me again for the password and
then goes and get my mail... the password was entered correctly both
times...

i also noticed that when i hit "g" to get new articles and mail i am
again prompted for the password...  where before it remembered my pop
password...

i have the following entered in my .gnus and all was well when using
rgnus 0.67...

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "")))
(setq nnmail-spool-file "po:scc-ak")
(setq nnmail-pop-password-required t)

;; remember POP password once given at startup

(autoload 'ange-ftp-read-passwd "ange-ftp")
(autoload 'nnmail-read-passwd "nnmail")
(unless (and (boundp 'nnmail-pop-password)
		nnmail-pop-password)
(setq nnmail-pop-passwd
	(nnmail-read-passwd "Enter POP password: ")))

anybody have any ideas...

thanks in advance...
cheers,
andreas

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-11-25 13:23 UTC | newest]