* That Quassia Gnus page
@ 1997-07-24 20:46 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-07-24 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

For those who don't want to drop by the Web page, here it is:

                               Quassia Gnus Cap

   _Howdy, folks._ It's that time of year again in these parts - the sun
   is shining wildly and my forehead is sun-burned. Again. So the only
   option left me is to create Quassia Gnus baseball caps.

   Some might say that this cap has been created to celebrate the release
   of Quassia Gnus 0.1, 1997-07-31, yadda yadda. Phooey! I've got a
   sun-burnt forehead and I'm not going to take it anymore.

   The Quassia Gnus cap is available in the following colors, sizes and
   models:
    1. Black, kinda stiff, with green metallic Gnus logo
    2. Blue denim, floppy, with golden Gnus logo
    3. Burgundy denim, floppy, with green Gnus logo
    4. Green denim, floppy, with red shiny Gnus logo

   100% cotton, with a cloth adjustment band in the back that's fastened
   with a small metal clamp thingie. I haven't worn one myself, but they
   felt to me to be of quite nice quality. No plastic anywhere on these
   caps. Will probably survive a washing machine, although I haven't
   tried that. I think the floppy denim-y ones had a better shape than
   the stiff black one, but the black one looked more Gnusey. Oh, and the
   brim on the denim-y ones had a different color than the cap itself,
   but I forget what the combinations were. I think the blue one was all
   blue, but the green one might have had a yellowish brim, and the
   burgundy one might have had a cream brim, but don't quote me on that.
   All the denim-y caps have quite subdued colors, anyway.

   In case the model you want is sold out, I'll substitute a black cap,
   unless you tell me otherwise.

   I haven't actually got the caps yet, but I should have them on Friday
   1997-08-01. I'll ship them as soon as I get them. If I have any left
   after that, I'll take some snapshots of them and put some pictures of
   them on this page.

   This versatile apparel can be worn in many inventive ways, expressing
   your own very special and unique personality. For instance, here's a
   meeting between Man With Quassia Gnus Cap With Brim Forwards
   (MWQGCWBF) and Man With Quassia Gnus Cap Backwards (MWQGCB):

   _MWQGCB_: Hey, dude! Phat hat!

   MWQGCWBF: Wha!? What did you call me!?

   MWQGCB: Hey, man. Chill.

   MWQGCWBF reaches into his pick-up truck for the gun rack.

   As we leave this sweet scene, let us think about postage rates. The
   caps are quite light, which means that there isn't all that much
   postage, so you'll all have to get it air mail. Less work for me to
   remember which packages to put air mail stickers on and everything.

   The price for each cap, including postage, is US$ 14.00. Everywhere in
   the world.

   Order as many as you like. It's a first come, first served thing. If
   the first batch sells out, I probably won't make a second batch, and
   I'll return any money sent to me for orders I can't fill. If I'm
   swamped with orders, I'll probably make more caps, but if you want to
   be sure to get a copy, I'd suggest acting _now_. (Them thar September
   Gnus t-shirts were sold out three days after I got them, for
   instance.)

   The easiest way to pay is just to stuff some money into an envelope
   and mail it to me. We've done it twice now (for the September Gnus
   t-shirt and the Red Gnus sweatshirt), and nobody lost any money. Just
   wrap the money up in paper so that nosey postmen won't realize that
   it's money. No coins!

   Just about any currency is ok. Western European, American, Canadian,
   Japanese, and Australian currencies are all easy for me to handle. To
   find out how much money to send, use [1]this currency converter. Round
   upwards to the nearest amount that can be expressed with paper money.

   Eurocheques are ok, but you must make them out in Norwegian currency.
   Personal cheques (on any bank) are not ok, and will be returned. If
   you see me around somewhere in Oslo, you can probably bum a cap off of
   me by slipping me 90 crowns. If you are in Norway, you can pay the
   amount to my account, 7044.13.92999, and then send me an email saying
   what cap model you want and what "reference number" you chose to use.
   Just pick an arbitrary (big) number.

   Send the moolah to:
Lars Ingebrigtsen
Bjerregaardsgt. 56
0174 Oslo
Norway

   Yihaa! Show them thar effete intellectuals what kind of man or woman
   you really are by wearing a baseball cap! Feel at home during monster
   truck events! Go to see professional wrestling! Become a Bon Jovi fan!
   Go hunting for naugas and wear their hides! Buy a cap!

   If you have any questions (as, for instance, why I didn't get around
   to insulting _you_), you can reach me at [2]larsi@gnus.org.