* bug?  C-h k versus C-h w
@ 1997-10-06 20:56 John H Palmieri
From: John H Palmieri @ 1997-10-06 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

GNU Emacs 20.2.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1, X toolkit) of Thu Sep 25 1997 on darwin

I've been using Quassia 0.11 together with topic mode, and I just
noticed the following thing: if I type
   C-h k SPC
I get the message
   SPC runs the command gnus-topic-read-group
On the other hand, if I type
   C-h w gnus-topic-read-group
I get the message
   gnus-topic-read-group is not on any key
When I type
   C-h b
SPC is listed as bound to gnus-topic-read-group, so I guess that wins
best 2 out of 3.

For all I know, this same behavior has been present in every version
of Gnus, but I just noticed it.  Is this a bug in Gnus, a bug (with
minor-mode keymaps?) in Emacs, or a "feature"?

--
John H. Palmieri, Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics, University of Notre Dame

* Re: bug? C-h k versus C-h w
@ 1997-10-10  1:23 ` Felix Lee
From: Felix Lee @ 1997-10-10  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> GNU Emacs 20.2.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1, X toolkit) of Thu Sep 25 1997 on darwin
>    C-h k SPC
> I get the message
>    SPC runs the command gnus-topic-read-group
> On the other hand, if I type
>    C-h w gnus-topic-read-group
> I get the message
>    gnus-topic-read-group is not on any key

bug in emacs.  where-is-internal does find the key binding,
but then it goes to make sure the binding isn't shadowed by
another binding, but it does this by doing a key->binding
lookup in the wrong keymap.  I think.