* gnus-async redundancy
@ 1998-01-26 10:36 Felix Lee
From: Felix Lee @ 1998-01-26 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

ok, so I'm browsing gnu.emacs.nudes with gnus-async enabled.
I bop along and select the next article (a 1M jpeg of lazy
cons with fast cars), and behold, the async stream is only
90% done fetching that article.  so gnus-async says, "no, I
don't have it" and gnus-art goes and fetches the article
again, and I sit for another ten minutes waiting for that
article to be slurped down when in fact I had a
fully-slurped copy in ten seconds.

the fix is (mostly) easy.  if gnus-art asks for the article
that gnus-async is currently fetching, then stall until the
article finishes arriving.

what I don't know is whether to muck with
  gnus-async-request-fetched-article
or add logic on the caller side, in
  gnus-request-article-this-buffer

any preferences?

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-01-26 10:36 UTC | newest]