* Re: help - email handling with gnus
       [not found]     ` <vaf3eef247i.fsf@ramses.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 1998-05-17  5:27       ` jgrass
From: jgrass @ 1998-05-17  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <vaf3eef247i.fsf@ramses.cs.uni-dortmund.de>,
  Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:

>   > I've tried setting combination of either auto-expire and
>   > total-expire and bother to t, None of worked as expected. Unless I
>   > set expire-wait to really short, e.g. 1 day, expired emails will
>   > not get deleted, they just become old.
>
> It is very, very unlikely that the expiration stuff works for
> nnmail-expiry-wait equal to 1 day but not for nnmail-expiry-wait equal
> to 7 days.  Are you sure that you checked that they do not become
> older than the nnmail-expiry-wait setting (default is 7 days I think).
>
> kai
> --
> A large number of young women don't trust men with beards.
> (BFBS Radio)

It looks like a bug with the version of gnus I'm using(5.6.9). I
played with a group and I set auto-expire to t (total-expire to nil)
and expiry-wait to 21. Some of the "E" messages (older than 21 days)
wouldn't get deleted. After I shortened nnmail-expiry-wait to 14, some of
the very old messages got deleted and some others messages that were
older than 14 days, remained and just became "O". Also I
noticed the messages that turned "O" didn't get sorted properly
according to the date :-<

Does this happen to anyone else?

JG

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-05-17  5:27 UTC | newest]