* pick mode fixes since 5.6.7
@ 1998-06-25 13:14 Rajappa Iyer
From: Rajappa Iyer @ 1998-06-25 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello pick mode users,

Since 5.6.7, the pick mode keymap, which has been around since 5.5,
was changed from:

  (gnus-define-keys gnus-pick-mode-map
    " " gnus-pick-next-page
    "u" gnus-summary-unmark-as-processable
    "." gnus-pick-article
    gnus-down-mouse-2 gnus-pick-mouse-pick-region
    "\r" gnus-pick-start-reading
    "t" gnus-uu-mark-thread
    "T" gnus-uu-unmark-thread
    "U" gnus-summary-unmark-all-processable
    "v" gnus-uu-mark-over
    "r" gnus-uu-mark-region
    "R" gnus-uu-unmark-region
    "e" gnus-uu-mark-by-regexp
    "E" gnus-uu-mark-by-regexp
    "b" gnus-uu-mark-buffer
    "B" gnus-uu-unmark-buffer
    gnus-mouse-2 gnus-pick-mouse-pick
    "X" gnus-pick-start-reading
    ))

  (gnus-define-keys gnus-pick-mode-map
    " " gnus-pick-next-page
    "u" gnus-summary-unmark-as-processable
    "." gnus-pick-article
    gnus-down-mouse-2 gnus-pick-mouse-pick-region
    "\r" gnus-pick-start-reading
    ;; "t" gnus-uu-mark-thread
    ;; "T" gnus-uu-unmark-thread
    ;; "U" gnus-summary-unmark-all-processable
    ;; "v" gnus-uu-mark-over
    ;; "r" gnus-uu-mark-region
    ;; "R" gnus-uu-unmark-region
    ;; "e" gnus-uu-mark-by-regexp
    ;; "E" gnus-uu-mark-by-regexp
    ;; "b" gnus-uu-mark-buffer
    ;; "B" gnus-uu-unmark-buffer
    ;;gnus-mouse-2 gnus-pick-mouse-pick
    ;; "X" gnus-pick-start-reading
    ))

Now this essentially makes pick-mode reading a la nn quite irritating,
at least for me.  While I understand Kurt Swanson's (who made these
changes) reasons for making the changes, I do feel that it should have
been preceded by a discussion and preferably the changes should be
done in a manner which preserves as much compatibility with a
user-interface that has been around for 2 public releases.  I'd like
for pick-mode users to discuss this... perhaps Kurt can start the ball
rolling by explaining why he made those changes.

Thanks,
Rajappa
--
Rajappa Iyer <rsi@lucent.com>		#include <std_disclaimer.h>
	We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-06-25 13:14 UTC | newest]