* Re: Changes to pick mode keymaps due to summary mode overlap
@ 1998-06-27 17:00 Rajappa Iyer
From: Rajappa Iyer @ 1998-06-27 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kurt Swanson <ksw@dna.lth.se> writes:

> Rajappa Iyer <rajappa@mindspring.com> writes:
> > Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:

> `T #'.

Perhaps a better solution might be to re-map "." to gnus-pick-thread
if gnus-thread-hide-subtree is not nil (like nn's consolidated menu
option.)  If I need to pick individual articles, I can explode the
thread and mark individual articles. Ideally "u" should also be able
to perform corresponding functions gnus-uu-unmark-thread and
gnus-uu-unmark-as-processable according to whether or not
gnus-thread-hide-subtree is non-nil or not.  This may be more
intuitive if gnus-pick-thread does not show the subtree... but I'm not
sure if the summary limiting functions will like this.

> 3 - Find new one key codes for the for the problematic pick mode
>     keys.  A few letters have not yet been used in summary, and could
>     be blocked from being used in the future (reserved for a minor
>     mode). Some pick mode users may have to get used to different
>     keys.

This is workable.  Speaking for myself, I'm perfectly happy with the
following functions being available to me with single keystrokes,
namely:

gnus-uu-mark-thread,
gnus-summary-unmark-as-processable / gnus-uu-unmark-thread
gnus-pick-start-reading

With the remapping of "." and "u", this can be achieved.

Ideally, I would also like a single keystroke for
gnus-uu-mark-by-regexp, or perhaps this can be a
gnus-uu-mark-by-sometype which prompts for mark by (r)egion, rege(x)
or (b)uffer.

What do people think?  I'll try to make the changes and post them to
the list for review.

Thanks,
Rajappa
--
<rajappa@mindspring.com> a.k.a. Rajappa Iyer.	New York, New York.
	We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-06-27 17:00 UTC | newest]