* More Talk
@ 1998-10-07 10:50 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-07 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Er.  I just read the thing out loud, and it's shortish.  But I can't
think of anything more to say.

What subjects would you like to hear me babble on about?

Please answer quickly.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: More Talk
@ 1998-10-07 10:58 ` Lee Willis
From: Lee Willis @ 1998-10-07 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Er.  I just read the thing out loud, and it's shortish.  But I can't
> think of anything more to say.

Make sure that there are opportunities for questions etc.

Have you done a bit on where gnus will go in the future, such as mention
of current development and other things you'd like to see it do in the
future?

Lee.
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"

* Re: More Talk
@ 1998-10-07 13:39 ` Randal Schwartz
From: Randal Schwartz @ 1998-10-07 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Lars> Er.  I just read the thing out loud, and it's shortish.  But I can't
Lars> think of anything more to say.

There is nothing so appreciated as a talk than was shorter than
expected. :) Always leave your audience wanting more.  Show the manual
again.  Read selected passages from the manual.  Point out a typo or
two. Slowly and solemnly read the list of contributors to the project,
like you're handing out diplomas.  "I'd like to thank each and every
one of the following people ... " :)

I've found that if I pace something in my hotel room, it's always
about 20% longer in the presentation room.  But that's just my
calibration.

Email: <merlyn@stonehenge.com> Snail: (Call) PGP-Key: (finger merlyn@teleport.com)
Web: <A HREF="http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me

* Re: More Talk
@ 1998-10-07 13:51   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-07 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randal Schwartz <merlyn@stonehenge.com> writes:

> There is nothing so appreciated as a talk than was shorter than
> expected. :) Always leave your audience wanting more.  Show the manual
> again.  Read selected passages from the manual.  Point out a typo or
> two. Slowly and solemnly read the list of contributors to the project,
> like you're handing out diplomas.  "I'd like to thank each and every
> one of the following people ... " :)

:-)

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: More Talk
@ 1998-10-07 14:05 ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1998-10-07 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Er.  I just read the thing out loud, and it's shortish.  But I can't
> think of anything more to say.
>
> What subjects would you like to hear me babble on about?

  Perhaps a short interpretive dance detailing your feelings towards Emacs,
Gnus, and the ergonomics of each? :)

-Bill P.

* Re: More Talk
@ 1998-10-07 14:10   ` proff
From: proff @ 1998-10-07 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: larsi, ding

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:
>
> > Er.  I just read the thing out loud, and it's shortish.  But I can't
> > think of anything more to say.
> >
> > What subjects would you like to hear me babble on about?
>
>   Perhaps a short interpretive dance detailing your feelings towards Emacs,
> Gnus, and the ergonomics of each? :)

Perhaps you could give a stiring rendition of `Emacs Boy'.

Cheers,
Julian.