* bookmarks don't quite save enough context
@ 2003-05-07 12:42 Derrell.Lipman
From: Derrell.Lipman @ 2003-05-07 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I receive email newsletters which have very long lines.  To make it easier to
read the articles, I prefer to have lines wrapped: W w (gnus-article-fill-
cited-article).  Since these newsletters are sometimes fairly long, when I
receive other email, I like to bookmark my location in the newsletter to come
back to it later: M b (gnus-summary-set-bookmark).

The problem is that the bookmark location is set according to the non-filled
article, so when I return to the newsletter, I'm not placed at the correct
location.

Ideally, a bookmark would save the fact that I had filled the article, and
re-fill it upon re-entry before moving me to the saved location.  Short of
that, if I could get it to at least move me to the right place, I don't mind
running the fill command again manually.

Is this a feature request, or is there a way to do this in the current
implementation?

Thanks!

Derrell

* Re: bookmarks don't quite save enough context
@ 2003-05-13 17:58 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-05-13 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Derrell.Lipman@UnwiredUniverse.com writes:

> Ideally, a bookmark would save the fact that I had filled the article, and
> re-fill it upon re-entry before moving me to the saved location.  Short of
> that, if I could get it to at least move me to the right place, I don't mind
> running the fill command again manually.

That sounds kinda difficult to implement.  The user may have done any
number of article treatment thingies, and Gnus doens't really keep
track of that.