* `F' in nnimap groups does not heed mail-copies-to header
@ 2000-04-03  9:36 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-04-03  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

We have several bulletin IMAP groups, ie groups which do not get
personal mail.  I'm quite happy with being able to just enter a
Newsgroups header to send a message to those groups, but follow-up
doesn't work right.

I post a message to such a group which contains `Mail-Copies-To:
never'.  Somebody else hits `F' on that message.  The message is
mailed to me in addition to being sent to the group!

There is code in Gnus which deals with this header, but the code is
only in message-insert-to, but the mail address is inserted already by
gnus-summary-followup.

Maybe this is a result of nnimap being a mail-news backend?

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: `F' in nnimap groups does not heed mail-copies-to header
@ 2000-04-20  0:47 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-20  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I post a message to such a group which contains `Mail-Copies-To:
> never'.  Somebody else hits `F' on that message.  The message is
> mailed to me in addition to being sent to the group!

Hm.

> There is code in Gnus which deals with this header, but the code is
> only in message-insert-to, but the mail address is inserted already by
> gnus-summary-followup.
>
> Maybe this is a result of nnimap being a mail-news backend?

It could be, but in the end, one of the Message followup/reply
functions are called, which should heed MCT.

I don't have any nnimap groups; could someone try to debug this one?

* Re: `F' in nnimap groups does not heed mail-copies-to header
@ 2000-04-20  3:02   ` John Prevost
From: John Prevost @ 2000-04-20  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

    li> I don't have any nnimap groups; could someone try to debug
    li> this one?

I would, but I used F to reply to your message, with Mail-Copies-To:
never, and it did use it.

John.

* Re: `F' in nnimap groups does not heed mail-copies-to header
@ 2000-04-20  6:51     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-04-20  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

John Prevost <prevost@maya.com> writes:

>     li> I don't have any nnimap groups; could someone try to debug
>     li> this one?
>
> I would, but I used F to reply to your message, with Mail-Copies-To:
> never, and it did use it.

Was the message in an nnimap group?  Was it in a shared nnimap group?
(We have shared nnimap groups and post messages there using the
Newsgroups header and setting gnus-post-method to `current'.)

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.

* Re: `F' in nnimap groups does not heed mail-copies-to header
@ 2000-04-20 16:58       ` John Prevost
From: John Prevost @ 2000-04-20 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    kg> John Prevost <prevost@maya.com> writes:

    kg> Was the message in an nnimap group?  Was it in a shared nnimap
    kg> group?  (We have shared nnimap groups and post messages there
    kg> using the Newsgroups header and setting gnus-post-method to
    kg> `current'.)

It's a shared IMAP group, but we use mailing lists (which address
appears in the messages) to post to ours.  IN this example, it's a
shared nnimap group with the ding list in it.

I'd suspect something with the gnus-post-method current stuff, if your
problem appears in those groups.  Sorry I can't be of help.  :(

John.

* Re: `F' in nnimap groups does not heed mail-copies-to header
@ 2000-04-20 17:13         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-04-20 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

John Prevost <prevost@maya.com> writes:

> I'd suspect something with the gnus-post-method current stuff, if your
> problem appears in those groups.  Sorry I can't be of help.  :(

Hm.  Maybe.  But it works with native (nntp) groups, so there must be
something that's strange with nnimap.  Or Gnus gets confused because
nnimap is a mail-news backend (rather than news-only like nntp).

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.