* gnus-unplugged not defined by gnus-setup.el
@ 2000-05-16  6:36 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2000-05-16  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here's something that has bugged me for ages.  When I start up a fresh
emacs and type
	M-x gnus-unplugged RET
I get "[No match]" in the minibuffer (XEmacs).

Once gnus has been run once, or even just started, gnus-unplugged is
defined.

One way of starting is to yank the network cable, start gnus with
	M-x gnus RET
and abort it with C-g, when it stops because it cannot connect to the
server.  However this seems a bit... drastic.

I don't see this problem much, since I don't reboot the laptop (just
suspend/resume it between networks), and thus don't stop and start
gnus, but every time I see it it annoys me.

A long time ago, I tried putting
	(autoload 'gnus-unplugged "gnus")
into ~/.emacs, but that didn't work.  I then tried
	(autoload 'gnus-unplugged "gnus-agent")
since gnus-agent is the file where gnus-unplugged is defined, but this
gave the same result.

I haven't investigated anything beyond this.

Any ideas?

* Re: gnus-unplugged not defined by gnus-setup.el
@ 2000-05-16  8:15 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-05-16  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> 	(autoload 'gnus-unplugged "gnus-agent")

(autoload 'gnus-unplugged "gnus-agent" "doc string?" t)

The last `t' is important, it enables you to call the function with M-x.

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.