* Agent and my incoming mail
@ 2000-09-03 13:28 Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2000-09-03 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I just tried out Agent; it's quite comfortable (after I turned off
NoCeM -- it just generates to much traffic), except for one problem:

Even when I am unplugged, it is still possible that I receive mail
which then goes through procmail (ie cronjobs)[1].

Nevertheless, I can not get gnus to get the mail when I'm
unplugged. Neither g nor M-g (over my default inbox) remove the mail
from my incoming files in unplugged mode, while they do in plugged
mode.

I triple-checked that nnml+private is _not_ in the agentized backend
list, manually removed the mail groups from the agentized group list
and ran various smaller checks (my inbox is overflowing with test
mails {-:) -- Wouldn't work. Is there anything I might have missed
from the docs?

TIA.
regards,
Andreas Fuchs

[1] My gnus.el looks like this:
<snip from=gnus.el>
(setq mail-sources '((file :path "/home/asf/Mailbox")
		     (directory :path "/home/asf/.procmail/"
				:suffix ".in")))

;; Filters und Agent-stuff

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.cis.dfn.de"))

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "private")
	(nntp "ghwnews.dyn.priv.at")
;	(nnslashdot "")
))
</snip>

--
Andreas Stefan Fuchs                             in Real Life aka
asf@acm.org, asfuchs@gmx.at, asf@ycom.at         in NNTP and SMTP,

* Re: Agent and my incoming mail
@ 2000-09-03 14:04 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-09-03 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

There is a section on the `:plugged' keyword in the node `Mail Source
Specifications' in the Gnus info file.  This should tell you how to
tell Gnus to fetch mail even when unplugged.
kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: Agent and my incoming mail
@ 2000-09-03 14:32   ` Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2000-09-03 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today, Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> wrote:

> There is a section on the `:plugged' keyword in the node `Mail Source
[...]

Yes, there is. Thank you. (-:

Would someone please reference this node from "Agent Basics"? I am not
the texinfo expert myself.. (-:

> kai

Cheers,
--

@ 2000-09-14  1:05     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-09-14  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Fuchs <asf@acm.org> writes:

> Would someone please reference this node from "Agent Basics"? I am not
> the texinfo expert myself.. (-:

Added.

ShengHuo