* gnus-pers with emacs?
@ 2001-03-09 11:39 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2001-03-09 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone gotten BrYan Johnson's gnus-pers[1] to work with emacs?  I
tried the replace-in-string remedy mentioned at the top of the file,
but that uncovered more problems (it was written with xemacs in mind).

A pile of drop-in code would be nice, if anyone has that lying around
somewhere.

Thanks -

bw

Footnotes:
[1] <url:http://www.comsecmilnavpac.net/elisp/gnus-pers.el>

--
Bill White      billw@wolfram.com     http://members.wri.com/billw
Emacs is my GUI                   nunc scripsi totum da mihi potum

* Re: gnus-pers with emacs?
@ 2001-03-09 17:39 ` Jason R. Mastaler
From: Jason R. Mastaler @ 2001-03-09 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> Has anyone gotten BrYan Johnson's gnus-pers[1] to work with emacs?
> I tried the replace-in-string remedy mentioned at the top of the
> file, but that uncovered more problems (it was written with xemacs
> in mind).

Actually, I couldn't get it to work with XEmacs either, and the author
has proved unresponsive.  I settled on `unmunge-general.el'[1] instead
which accomplished what I needed.

Footnotes:
1.  <URL:http://www.ma.man.ac.uk/~gowen/lisp/>

My 'jason-dated-*' e-mail address is valid, but expirable.
It will expire in 7 day(s) from the date of this message.
For more information see <http://jason.mastaler.com/tms/>.