* Nnimap and gnutls
@ 2003-04-14  7:43 Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2003-04-14  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

After my problems with nnimap-stream ssh, Simon adived me to try
gnutls, so I installed it and changed the value of nnimap-stream to tls,
but this fails with the following messages in nnimap buffer:

Connecting to '209.70.202.39:993'...
*** Handshake has failed
GNUTLS ERROR: ASN1 parser: Element was not found.

I tried to set nnimap-debug to t to get some more info, but this didn't
have any effect (there's no *nnimap-debug* buffer created)

--
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy,
the best golfer is a black guy, France is accusing the US of arrogance,

* Re: Nnimap and gnutls
@ 2003-04-14 10:26 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-04-14 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Connecting to '209.70.202.39:993'...
> *** Handshake has failed
> GNUTLS ERROR: ASN1 parser: Element was not found.

This looks like a GNUTLS problem.  Can you connect to the server on the
command line using the gnutls-cli command?  Try running the
gnutls-cli-debug against the server too, maybe it outputs some useful
information.

I have noticed some servers that GNUTLS didn't like, but imap.el contain a
workaround for those. Perhaps there are more workarounds that need to be
activated.  In any case, the GNUTLS people should know more.