* Attachment problems.
@ 2000-11-26 12:56 Mattias Ahnberg
From: Mattias Ahnberg @ 2000-11-26 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have some serious problems with my mailfolders. Someone forwarded a
mail to me, including another mail with all its headers, and after
that things have been messy++. Instead of showing the other mail as an
attachment with all there is in it, it does the following:

You can find my .gnus file at http://ahnberg.pp.se/ahnberg.gnus if
there could be something in there that could mess things up. Thanks
in advance.

/ahnberg.

------------------------------

  From: Mattias Ahnberg <mattias@ahnberg.pp.se>
  Subject: [Stephen Diercouff <sgd@tfm.com>] HYBADMIN: (forwarded) patch for host format string bug
  To: mattias@ahnberg.pp.se
  Date: 26 Nov 2000 13:45:04 +0100

  From: Stephen Diercouff <sgd@tfm.com>
  To: hybnet-admins@glassbilen.net
  Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 16:41:01 -0800

  From: "Jonathan R. Lusky" <lusky@boost.blown.net>
  Subject: new userhost (format string bug) patch
  To: hybrid@the-project.org
  Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:49:51 -0500 (EST)

  - --ELM975106191-91841-0_

  This is a new patch to fix the format string bug in userhost.
  All of the bugs mentioned in the packetstorm/vuln-dev posting
  so far appear to be the result of a client doing userhost in
  response to the mentioned events, not due to the events themselves.

  - --
  Jonathan R. Lusky                             lusky@blown.net
  http://www.blown.net/
  - -------------------------------   --------------------------------------
  68 Camaro Convt - 350 / TH350  \_/ 2000 Mustang GT Convt - 4.6SOHC / T45

------------------------------

* Re: Attachment problems.
@ 2000-11-30  2:27 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-11-30  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mattias Ahnberg <mattias@ahnberg.pp.se> writes:

> I have some serious problems with my mailfolders. Someone forwarded a
> mail to me, including another mail with all its headers, and after
> that things have been messy++. Instead of showing the other mail as an
> attachment with all there is in it, it does the following:

If the mail is forwarded as message/rfc822, it is not an attachment.
It is shown inline.

Another possible problem is the MIME boundary is munged. It should be
"--ELM975106191-91841-0_" instead of "- --ELM975106191-91841-0_".

> You can find my .gnus file at http://ahnberg.pp.se/ahnberg.gnus if
> there could be something in there that could mess things up. Thanks
> in advance.

Your .gnus looks OK.

ShengHuo