* bug in attaching messages
@ 2000-04-28 16:35 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 2000-04-28 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

In the previous message sent to ding list, the content-type of
attached message was incorrectly changed from text/html to text plain
by gnus!!

I.e. i attached a message via gnus-summary-mail-forward, and i saw the
content-type as text/html. But raw previewing (C-u M-m P) shows
text/plain!! And the same gets sent via C-c C-c.

What are the tricks with content-type which gnus performs?!  (note
that gnus must not touch content type of the attached mail, and also
note that there are lots of possible content types not just text/* ;)

Gnus also changed the content-transfer-encoding from 7bit to QP (and
encoded all ESCs in the body of attached message).

Best,
v.

* Re: bug in attaching messages
@ 2000-04-28 18:38 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-04-28 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

VV> Hi!
VV> In the previous message sent to ding list, the content-type of
VV> attached message was incorrectly changed from text/html to text plain
VV> by gnus!!

VV> I.e. i attached a message via gnus-summary-mail-forward, and i saw
VV> the content-type as text/html. But raw previewing (C-u M-m P)
VV> shows text/plain!! And the same gets sent via C-c C-c.

I can not reproduce it. Was it OK before I changed
gnus-summary-mail-forward?

Could you post (or send me) the original message as attachment (not
forward)?

VV> What are the tricks with content-type which gnus performs?!  (note
VV> that gnus must not touch content type of the attached mail, and
VV> also note that there are lots of possible content types not just
VV> text/* ;)

VV> Gnus also changed the content-transfer-encoding from 7bit to QP (and
VV> encoded all ESCs in the body of attached message).

But there is also charset problem in the original message. If you
really want to forward the message untouched, use `2 C-x C-f'.

--
Shenghuo

* Re: bug in attaching messages
@ 2000-04-28 19:38 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-04-28 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

VV> Hi!
VV> In the previous message sent to ding list, the content-type of
VV> attached message was incorrectly changed from text/html to text plain
VV> by gnus!!

VV> I.e. i attached a message via gnus-summary-mail-forward, and i saw
VV> the content-type as text/html. But raw previewing (C-u M-m P)
VV> shows text/plain!! And the same gets sent via C-c C-c.

OK. Found and fixed.

BTW, is 0x1B really 7-bit in a encoded message?

--
Shenghuo

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2017 bytes --]

From: Dan Rempel <drempel@islandnet.com>
Subject: Re: Am I right?
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:20:46 +0000