* request: default address for gnus-summary-resend-message
@ 2002-01-08 14:19 Max Froumentin
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Max Froumentin @ 2002-01-08 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I moderate a few mailing lists where I'm supposed to resend the
messages I receive to the list's address.  I usually do this using
gnus-summary-resend-message where I have to type the name of the list
in the minibuffer.

Wouldn't it be possible to have a default value for gnus-s-r-m that
would be the current message's "To:" header?

Or is there another way of doing this sort of moderation?

Max.

* Re: request: default address for gnus-summary-resend-message
@ 2002-01-08 15:15 ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2002-01-08 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org> writes:

> Or is there another way of doing this sort of moderation?

Try to send a "bounced" mail: `S D b'.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o

* Re: request: default address for gnus-summary-resend-message
@ 2002-01-08 15:15 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-01-08 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org> writes:

> Wouldn't it be possible to have a default value for gnus-s-r-m that
> would be the current message's "To:" header?

Well, maybe

(defun mf-moderate (n)
  (interactive (list  current-prefix-arg))
  (gnus-summary-resend-message "your@mail.address.here" n))

does the trick?

kai
--
Simplification good!  Oversimplification bad!  (Larry Wall)

* Re: request: default address for gnus-summary-resend-message
@ 2002-01-08 15:16 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-01-08 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org> writes:

> I moderate a few mailing lists where I'm supposed to resend the
> messages I receive to the list's address.  I usually do this using
> gnus-summary-resend-message where I have to type the name of the list
> in the minibuffer.
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to have a default value for gnus-s-r-m that
> would be the current message's "To:" header?
>
> Or is there another way of doing this sort of moderation?

Added in oGnus v0.05.

ShengHuo

* Re: request: default address for gnus-summary-resend-message
@ 2002-01-08 15:31   ` Max Froumentin
From: Max Froumentin @ 2002-01-08 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> (defun mf-moderate (n)
>   (interactive (list  current-prefix-arg))
>   (gnus-summary-resend-message "your@mail.address.here" n))

This will resend the message to "your@mail.address.here", right?  What
I would like is the article to be resent to the original "to:" header,
which can vary according to the mailing list I'm moderating.

But I would also like to be able to change the address
interactively. It often happens that people will cross-post to my list
and some other address, which are both in the original "to:". In that
case I want to edit the address to resend to. That's why I would
favour a method where I do S-D-r, and be prompted for the address
(like now), but with the addition of the original "To:" in the
minibuffer, so I can just press return or else edit the line.

Hope I'm making myself clear,

@ 2002-01-08 15:34   ` Max Froumentin
From: Max Froumentin @ 2002-01-08 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Karl Eichwalder <ke@gnu.franken.de> writes:

> Try to send a "bounced" mail: `S D b'.

This causes a bug: if I want to bounce this message I received:

-------------------
From: someone
Subject: [Moderator Action] XSL- standards
To: <xsl-editors@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 01:06:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
Are there any well-defined standards for writing xsl documents somewhat
similar to the coding standards for writing java programs?
If there are please let me know at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards
--------------------

The bounce buffer appears as this:

-------------
Hi,
Are there any well-defined standards for writing xsl documents somewhat
similar to the coding standards for writing java programs?
If there are please let me know at the earliest.
--text follows this line--
Thanks & Regards
---------------

@ 2002-01-08 15:56     ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2002-01-08 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org> writes:

> Karl Eichwalder <ke@gnu.franken.de> writes:
>
>> Try to send a "bounced" mail: `S D b'.
>
> This causes a bug: if I want to bounce this message I received:
>
> -------------------
> From: someone
> Subject: [Moderator Action] XSL- standards
> To: <xsl-editors@w3.org>
> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 01:06:51 -0500 (EST)

Sorry, I should have said, the message you want to bounce must obey
some formatting rules.  Lately, ShengHuo kindly made Gnus recognize
again messages from Majordomo.

--

@ 2002-01-09  9:00       ` Max Froumentin
From: Max Froumentin @ 2002-01-09  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Karl Eichwalder <ke@gnu.franken.de> writes:

> Sorry, I should have said, the message you want to bounce must obey
> some formatting rules.  Lately, ShengHuo kindly made Gnus recognize
> again messages from Majordomo.

'Lately' as in 'in the CVS tree'? Anyway, I'm not sure it'll be useful
to me as we're using smartlist. I guess I'll try to hack something up.

@ 2002-10-14 21:16   ` Eric D. Hendrickson
From: Eric D. Hendrickson @ 2002-10-14 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org> writes:
>
>> I moderate a few mailing lists where I'm supposed to resend the
>> messages I receive to the list's address.  I usually do this using
>> gnus-summary-resend-message where I have to type the name of the list
>> in the minibuffer.
>>
>> Wouldn't it be possible to have a default value for gnus-s-r-m that
>> would be the current message's "To:" header?
>>
>> Or is there another way of doing this sort of moderation?
>
> Added in oGnus v0.05.
>
> ShengHuo

I recently upgraded to oGnus v0.07.  I frequently use S D r to re-send
mail while keeping the headers intact and this new default mode forces
me to erase the default and enter a new address each time.  This seems
dangerous to me - if I wasn't paying attention I could accidentally
resend to people.

Can this be an option such that the old behaviour is the default (no
default address to resend to is supplied) but if a certain boolean
(e.g. gnus-summary-resend-default) is set then fill in the current To:
field?

For example:

(setq gnus-summary-resend-default nil) ; no default addr - this is the default
(setq gnus-summary-resend-default t)   ; default to current To: field
(setq gnus-summary-resend-default "user@addr.com") ; this is always the default

Eric
--
Eric Hendrickson                           Albedo Applications, Inc.
http://www.crystalcave.net/~edh/                         edh@mr.net