* Overriding discouraged alternatives?
@ 2000-11-06 22:04 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2000-11-06 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have

  (setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html" "text/richtext"))

in my .gnus so that I don't have to see the annoying
multipart/alternate HTML versions of messages, but occasionally I get
mail that has an essentially empty text/plain part and the only
substantive body is text/html.

Is there a quick way for me to override the current setting and view
all the parts of the current message?

I thought Article/Mime/View All (W M v) might do it, but I get
max-specpdl-size and max-lisp-eval-depth exceeded errors (even when
I've got them set to 20,000 and 10,000, respectively). Bug or
wrong feature :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | When dealing with the insane, the best
http://nwalsh.com/            | method is to pretend to be
                              | sane.--Hermann Hesse

* Re: Overriding discouraged alternatives?
@ 2000-11-07  7:02 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-11-07  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 06 Nov 2000, Norman Walsh wrote:

> Is there a quick way for me to override the current setting and view
> all the parts of the current message?

I have the same thing, and it turns out that there are spammers which
write `This is an HTML message' in the text/plain part.  I never
received a nonspam message where I needed to read the text/html part.
But when I do, I'll try `K b' to buttonize the message, then that
should allow me to choose the text/html part, too.

Now you can try `K b' for me and I won't have to :-)
What happens?

kai
--
The arms should be held in a natural and unaffected way and never
be conspicuous. -- Revised Technique of Latin American Dancing

* Re: Overriding discouraged alternatives?
@ 2000-11-07 12:15   ` Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2000-11-07 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 499 bytes --]

/ Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) was heard to say:

| Now you can try `K b' for me and I won't have to :-)
| What happens?

Not a thing. C-u K b doesn't do anything either.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | We dance around in a ring and suppose,
http://nwalsh.com/            | but the Secret sits in the middle and

@ 2000-11-07 13:59 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-11-07 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> I thought Article/Mime/View All (W M v) might do it, but I get
> max-specpdl-size and max-lisp-eval-depth exceeded errors (even when
> I've got them set to 20,000 and 10,000, respectively). Bug or
> wrong feature :-)

I've probably fixed it.

ShengHuo