* Trouble with attachments
@ 2002-03-21 16:51 Zlatko Calusic
From: Zlatko Calusic @ 2002-03-21 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using attachments in XEmacs/Gnus is simple. You just middle click on
your attachment and Gnus fires appropriate helper applications. Yes.

But, that doesn't work if attachment filename has spaces inside it.

I don't know if it is XEmacs' or Gnus' bug, but it is definitely a
long standing (and annoying) one. My apologies if I'm barking up the
wrong tree.
--
Zlatko

* Re: Trouble with attachments
@ 2002-03-21 19:41 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-03-21 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zlatko Calusic <zlatko.calusic@iskon.hr> writes:

> Using attachments in XEmacs/Gnus is simple. You just middle click on
> your attachment and Gnus fires appropriate helper applications. Yes.
>
> But, that doesn't work if attachment filename has spaces inside it.
>
> I don't know if it is XEmacs' or Gnus' bug, but it is definitely a
> long standing (and annoying) one. My apologies if I'm barking up the
> wrong tree.

It is related to mailcap files in debian.  The problem is who should
quotes file names, MUA or mailcap. The RFC1524 doesn't mention it.

Gnus quotes file names because most mailcap files don't. Mailcap files
in debian quote file names with quotation marks, but, IMHO, it doesn't
entirely solve the problem because file names may contain quotation
marks too.

ShengHuo