* gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
@ 2000-04-17 17:09 Pavel Janik ml.
From: Pavel Janik ml. @ 2000-04-17 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

there is this in `Newest features (aka TODO)':

   * Be able to forward groups of messages as MIME digests.

are there any plans on implementing this? How can I forward #-marked messages
at once (does not matter how :-)?
--
Pavel Janík ml.
Pavel.Janik@inet.cz

* Re: gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
@ 2000-04-17 18:41 ` Kevin Falcone
From: Kevin Falcone @ 2000-04-17 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

  PJ> How can I forward #-marked messages at once (does not matter how

SOm (gnus-uu-digest-mail-forward)

This digest can be broken up by a receiving gnus user by hitting C-d
on the digest.

-kevin

--
Kevin Falcone <kevinfal@seas.upenn.edu>

Standing barefoot in a river of clues, most people would not get their
toes wet.  --Brian Kantor

* Re: gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
@ 2000-04-18  3:54   ` Chris Richards
From: Chris Richards @ 2000-04-18  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

This doesn't always work.  I had 677 messages marked to digest and it
died around #30.  Vague yes, but it died nonetheless.  The 30-some-odd
messages that it processed had the process mark removed.

cjr

--
A train stops at a train station.  A bus stops at a bus station.  On
my desk I have a workstation...

@ 2000-04-18  8:06     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-04-18  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Kevin Falcone, ding

Chris Richards <cjr@netpliance.net> writes:

> This doesn't always work.  I had 677 messages marked to digest and it
> died around #30.  Vague yes, but it died nonetheless.  The 30-some-odd
> messages that it processed had the process mark removed.

Can you say M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET (or set the variable
debug-on-error to t if using XEmacs), then repeat the problem?  I
don't think anybody has ever testing digesting such a large number of
messages.

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.

* Re: gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
@ 2000-04-18 15:26       ` Chris Richards
From: Chris Richards @ 2000-04-18 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Chris Richards, ding

I have digested groups of that size before.  It was something with
that 30th message.  Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to compile
information for someone and could not explore the problem fully.

Cheers,
cjr

--

@ 2000-04-30 19:53   ` Mike Fabian
From: Mike Fabian @ 2000-04-30 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

>   PJ> How can I forward #-marked messages at once (does not matter how
>
> SOm (gnus-uu-digest-mail-forward)
>
> This digest can be broken up by a receiving gnus user by hitting C-d
> on the digest.

Really? This doesn't seem to work. When I use `S O m' to mail a digest
to myself and then hit C-d on that digest, I only get something like
this:

      0[ 125: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <* mixed> [Various] gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
      0    [   2: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <1 text>
      0    [ 107: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <2 rfc822>
      0        [ 103: Various             ] <2 text> gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
      0    [   3: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <3 text>

i.e. the complete digest is still in one rfc822 message and not broken
up.

Am I missing something?

--
Mike Fabian   <mike.fabian@gmx.de>   <mike@nozomi.rhein-neckar.de>

* Re: gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-10 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Fabian <mike.fabian@gmx.de> writes:

> Really? This doesn't seem to work. When I use `S O m' to mail a digest
> to myself and then hit C-d on that digest, I only get something like
> this:
>
>       0[ 125: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <* mixed> [Various] gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
>       0    [   2: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <1 text>
>       0    [ 107: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <2 rfc822>
>       0        [ 103: Various             ] <2 text> gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?

If you then hit `C-d' on this message, you'll get the digest split.

* Re: gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
@ 2000-08-11  6:40       ` Mike Fabian
From: Mike Fabian @ 2000-08-11  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Mike Fabian <mike.fabian@gmx.de> writes:
>
> > Really? This doesn't seem to work. When I use `S O m' to mail a digest
> > to myself and then hit C-d on that digest, I only get something like
> > this:
> >
> >       0[ 125: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <* mixed> [Various] gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
> >       0    [   2: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <1 text>
> >       0    [ 107: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <2 rfc822>
> >       0        [ 103: Various             ] <2 text> gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
>
> If you then hit `C-d' on this message, you'll get the digest split.

It didn't work to hit `C-d' on the rfc822 message when I asked this
question ((Gnus v5.8.5) XEmacs/21.1).

Kevin Falcone told me to use (setq message-forward-as-mime nil),
with this setting it worked, but not with the default t.

I just tried it again and now it works very nice with both settings,
nil and t ((Gnus v5.8.8) XEmacs/21.1), that means something must have
changed recently.  Using (setq message-forward-as-mime nil) hitting
`C-d' on the digest gives:

      0[  12: Pavel Janik ml.     ] gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
      0    [  18: Kevin Falcone       ]
      0        [  30: -> Kevin Falcone    ]
      0            [  17: Lars Magne Ingebrigt]

and with (setq message-forward-as-mime t) hitting `C-d' on the digest
gives:

      0[   6: nobody              ] Topics
      0[  14: Pavel Janik ml.     ] gnus-summary-mail-forward for more messages?
      0    [  19: Kevin Falcone       ]
      0        [  31: -> Kevin Falcone    ]
      0            [  18: Lars Magne Ingebrigt]

i.e. it additionally shows a `Topics' part. Something like the line

      0    [ 107: -> mike@nozomi.rhein] <2 rfc822>

is not shown anymore with either of these settings.

--

@ 2000-08-11 13:30         ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-08-11 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Fabian <mike.fabian@gmx.de> writes:

> I just tried it again and now it works very nice with both settings,
> nil and t ((Gnus v5.8.8) XEmacs/21.1), that means something must
> have changed recently.  Using (setq message-forward-as-mime nil)
> hitting `C-d' on the digest gives:

The mime-digest type was reinstated in v0.98.  But these was a bug
until 5.8.7.

ShengHuo