* Problem (bug) with display parameter.
@ 2002-02-06 17:41 Matthieu Moy
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2002-02-06 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I  want  to display  only  the  non-expirable  articles from  my  mail
groups.

In the info, it says

`display'
     Elements that look like `(display . MODE)' say which articles to
     display on entering the group.  Valid values are:

[...]

    `an array'
          Display articles that satisfy a predicate.

          Here are some examples:

[...]

         `[not expire]'
               Display everything except expirable articles.

[...]

          The available operators are `not', `and' and `or'.
          Predicates include `tick', `unsend', `undownload', `read',
          `dormant', `expire', `reply', `killed', `bookmark', `score',
          `save', `cache', `forward', `seen' and `recent'.

So, I have this as a group parameter :

((display .
	  [not expire])
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^
 (visible . t)
 (gnus-thread-hide-subtree nil)
 (gnus-thread-sort-functions 'gnus-thread-sort-by-number))

But when I enter the group, I see only unread articles, as the default
behaviour.

Then, I  type /-o. It has already  been reported, but I  don't get all
unread articles. Some only.

I begin  to think  something is wrong,  so, I  type /-E, to  see. Gnus
tells me "no expunged articles hidden".

I  leave the  group  and  type C-u  RET  to enter  the  group and  see
everything. There  are still some  expirable message, and I  still can
read them.

Oort Gnus v0.06
GNU Emacs 21.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)

NNIMAP as a backend.

I'll do with for now, but it seems that some bugs are remaining ...

--
Matthieu

* Re: Problem (bug) with display parameter.
@ 2002-02-06 21:26 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-02-06 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy@imag.fr> writes:

[...]

> So, I have this as a group parameter :
>
> ((display .
> 	  [not expire])
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  (visible . t)
>  (gnus-thread-hide-subtree nil)
>  (gnus-thread-sort-functions 'gnus-thread-sort-by-number))
>
> But when I enter the group, I see only unread articles, as the default
> behaviour.

Fixed.

> Then, I  type /-o. It has already  been reported, but I  don't get all
> unread articles. Some only.

I think I've fixed it recently.

> I begin  to think  something is wrong,  so, I  type /-E, to  see. Gnus
> tells me "no expunged articles hidden".

`/ E' is for expunged articles, not expirable articles.

ShengHuo