* admin: prevent list cc's
@ 2001-12-11 17:36 Ami Fischman
From: Ami Fischman @ 2001-12-11 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

BTW, I read this list via nntp.  Is there a way to prevent getting a
courtesy copy of replies to me mailed to me?  Basically I'm asking if
there's an antonym for Mail-Followup-To headers...;)

Thanks,
--
  Ami Fischman
  usenet@fischman.org

* Re: admin: prevent list cc's
@ 2001-12-11 17:36 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-12-11 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ami Fischman <usenet@fischman.org> wrote:
> BTW, I read this list via nntp.  Is there a way to prevent getting a
> courtesy copy of replies to me mailed to me?

Add a "Mail-Copies-To: nobody" header field.  You can use posting
styles to automate this.

paul

* Re: admin: prevent list cc's
@ 2001-12-11 18:32   ` Ami Fischman
From: Ami Fischman @ 2001-12-11 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> Ami Fischman <usenet@fischman.org> wrote:
>> BTW, I read this list via nntp.  Is there a way to prevent getting a
>> courtesy copy of replies to me mailed to me?
>
> Add a "Mail-Copies-To: nobody" header field.  You can use posting
> styles to automate this.

Ah.  Thanks for the pointer.  I don't want to use posting styles (since I
have my own home-rolled sending-hook-message-modifying stuff going on).  I
thought adding:
  (message-default-headers
   (concat message-default-headers "Mail-Copies-To: nobody\n"))
to the last form in the 'G E' (gnus-group-edit-group) buffer would do it,
but apparently not...  In the gnus.ding summary buffer, the
message-default-headers has the right value (which is different from the
global value), but when I hit 'a' to compose a news message,
message-default-headers reverts back to its global value.  is the group-edit
not the right place to put this modification?  Do I really need a hook on
creating the message that checks if the gnus.ding ng is the recipient and if
so adds the extra header?

--
  Ami Fischman
  usenet@fischman.org

* Re: admin: prevent list cc's
@ 2001-12-11 18:58     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-12-11 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Ami Fischman <usenet@fischman.org> writes:

> In the gnus.ding summary buffer, the message-default-headers has the
> right value (which is different from the global value), but when I
> hit 'a' to compose a news message, message-default-headers reverts
> back to its global value.

Does it help to add message-default-headers to gnus-newsgroup-variables?

kai
--
Simplification good!  Oversimplification bad!  (Larry Wall)

* Re: admin: prevent list cc's
@ 2001-12-11 19:11       ` Ami Fischman
From: Ami Fischman @ 2001-12-11 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

> Does it help to add message-default-headers to gnus-newsgroup-variables?

yep! Thanks!

--
  Ami Fischman
  usenet@fischman.org

* Re: admin: prevent list cc's
@ 2001-12-12  1:03       ` Ami Fischman
From: Ami Fischman @ 2001-12-12  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Ami Fischman <usenet@fischman.org> writes:
>
>> In the gnus.ding summary buffer, the message-default-headers has the
>> right value (which is different from the global value), but when I
>> hit 'a' to compose a news message, message-default-headers reverts
>> back to its global value.
>
> Does it help to add message-default-headers to gnus-newsgroup-variables?

Interestingly enough, now that I've set gnus-newsgroup-variables, if I start
composing a message from the *Group* buffer ('m'), I _don't_ get the
message-default-headers that I normally do (namely, an FCC line).  Tried
adding it to the 'G p' parameter of the [Gnus] topic (top-level), but no
dice...
--
  Ami Fischman
  usenet@fischman.org

* Re: admin: prevent list cc's
@ 2001-12-12  1:12         ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-12-12  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ami Fischman <usenet@fischman.org> writes:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> Ami Fischman <usenet@fischman.org> writes:
>>
>>> In the gnus.ding summary buffer, the message-default-headers has the
>>> right value (which is different from the global value), but when I
>>> hit 'a' to compose a news message, message-default-headers reverts
>>> back to its global value.
>>
>> Does it help to add message-default-headers to gnus-newsgroup-variables?
>
> Interestingly enough, now that I've set gnus-newsgroup-variables, if I start
> composing a message from the *Group* buffer ('m'), I _don't_ get the
> message-default-headers that I normally do (namely, an FCC line).  Tried
> adding it to the 'G p' parameter of the [Gnus] topic (top-level), but no
> dice...

See the document of gnus-newsgroup-variables about the default values.

ShengHuo