* Bug in gnus previewing
@ 2000-10-30 19:08 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 2000-10-30 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

This message describes 2 bugs in gnus and a compilation warning.

1) a bug in gnus' previewing

  when i open this message, i see at the end of it:

[3. text/rfc822-headers]

  the button `[3. text/rfc822-headers]' is a false button; it should
  not've been created, because the part is showed inline; moreover,
  when i click on that button, i see that button duplicated, and gnus
  shows messy message.

2) a bug in mml editing

  when i edit a message (i removed hash marks) and put several empty
  lines after <part ...>:

  <multipart type=mixed>
  <part type=text/plain nofile=yes>

  Hi!

  ... [skipped] ...

  and then press C-c C-c, gnus removes the empty lines at the
  beginning of the part. i think that is a bug.

  Also, when i press C-c C-c, gnus displays raw message instead of a
  `parsed' message.

3) compiling current version produces the following warning:

While compiling the end of the data in file /opt/local/vvv/gnus/lisp/dig.el:
  ** the function font-lock-set-defaults is not known to be defined.

Best,
v.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/delivery-status, Size: 135 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: Type: text/rfc822-headers, Size: 795 bytes --]

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:01:53 +0200 (EET)
From: Victor Kakhnych <kha0s@ivf.ukrpack.net>
To: tacplus-ia-l@vsu.ru
Subject: Re: [tacplus-ia-l] tac+ia-0.96pre9.3

* Re: Bug in gnus previewing
@ 2000-10-31 13:53 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-10-31 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vladimir Volovich <vvv@vsu.ru> writes:

> Hi!
>
> This message describes 2 bugs in gnus and a compilation warning.
>
> 1) a bug in gnus' previewing
>
>   when i open this message, i see at the end of it:

> [3. text/rfc822-headers]
>
>   the button `[3. text/rfc822-headers]' is a false button; it should
>   not've been created, because the part is showed inline; moreover,
>   when i click on that button, i see that button duplicated, and gnus
>   shows messy message.

The button is shown because text/rfc822-headers is not an "automatic"
display part (mm-automatic-display-p).  I've fixed the duplication
problem.

> 2) a bug in mml editing
>
>   when i edit a message (i removed hash marks) and put several empty
>   lines after <part ...>:
>
>   <multipart type=mixed>
>   <part type=text/plain nofile=yes>
>

>   Hi!
>
>   ... [skipped] ...
>
>   and then press C-c C-c, gnus removes the empty lines at the
>   beginning of the part. i think that is a bug.

Fixed.

>   Also, when i press C-c C-c, gnus displays raw message instead of a
>   `parsed' message.

The message is encoded in the article buffer, so the raw message is
there.  Sometimes people like to see the raw message after edit. Why
bother to redisplay it?

> 3) compiling current version produces the following warning:
>
> While compiling the end of the data in file /opt/local/vvv/gnus/lisp/dig.el:
>   ** the function font-lock-set-defaults is not known to be defined.

Fixed.

ShengHuo