* Problems with mailcrypt/gpg
@ 2000-12-14 13:55 Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2000-12-14 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I know we had something about this on the list, but I'm too blind to
find it :-(

I always get

[[PGP Signed Part:Failed]
gpg: can't open `~/.gnupg/tmp/gnupggxHcnV'
gpg: verify signatures failed: file open error

Command exit status: 2
]

The directory's mode is 0700 as requested. I've also run
(gpg-make-temp-file) manually. It creates a file as requested.

Any leads?
Thanks, norbert.

* Re: Problems with mailcrypt/gpg
@ 2000-12-14 14:15 ` Charles Sebold
From: Charles Sebold @ 2000-12-14 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 Kislev 5761, Norbert Koch wrote:

> I always get
>
> [[PGP Signed Part:Failed]
> gpg: can't open `~/.gnupg/tmp/gnupggxHcnV'
> gpg: verify signatures failed: file open error
>
> Command exit status: 2
> ]
>
> The directory's mode is 0700 as requested. I've also run
> (gpg-make-temp-file) manually. It creates a file as requested.

ShengHuo fixed this for me in the latest CVS (early last week, perhaps,
was the change?).  Of course you need the following in your .gnus or
somewhere similar:

(require 'gpg)
(setq mml2015-use 'gpg)
(setq gpg-temp-directory "~/.gnupg/tmp")

And you need the gpg.el in Gnus' contrib/ directory.
--
Charles Sebold
Random Answer to an Emacs Very Frequently Asked Question:

The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

* Re: Problems with mailcrypt/gpg
@ 2000-12-14 14:26   ` Norbert Koch
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Norbert Koch @ 2000-12-14 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Charles Sebold <csebold@ezl.com> writes:

Hi!

> ShengHuo fixed this for me in the latest CVS (early last week, perhaps,
> was the change?).  Of course you need the following in your .gnus or
> somewhere similar:
>
> (require 'gpg)
> (setq mml2015-use 'gpg)
> (setq gpg-temp-directory "~/.gnupg/tmp")
>
> And you need the gpg.el in Gnus' contrib/ directory.

No, unfortunately, there's still something missing. I'm running a
current CVS and I have all these settings activated... still the same
behaviour :-(

@ 2000-12-14 14:34     ` Charles Sebold
From: Charles Sebold @ 2000-12-14 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Charles Sebold, ding

On 17 Kislev 5761, Norbert Koch wrote:

> No, unfortunately, there's still something missing. I'm running a
> current CVS and I have all these settings activated... still the same
> behaviour :-(

Sorry for the un-help, then.  I'm running GNU Emacs 20 and 21-pre, so
perhaps it's an XEmacs thing now.  But I'm pretty sure that somebody
concurred that it worked on their XEmacs setup when I had my problem.
Hm.
--
Charles Sebold
--

It's the InterNIC's fault.

* Re: Problems with mailcrypt/gpg
@ 2000-12-14 15:57     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-12-14 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norbert Koch <nk@LF.net> writes:

> Charles Sebold <csebold@ezl.com> writes:
>
> Hi!
>
> > ShengHuo fixed this for me in the latest CVS (early last week, perhaps,
> > was the change?).  Of course you need the following in your .gnus or
> > somewhere similar:
> >
> > (require 'gpg)
> > (setq mml2015-use 'gpg)
> > (setq gpg-temp-directory "~/.gnupg/tmp")
> >
> > And you need the gpg.el in Gnus' contrib/ directory.
>
> No, unfortunately, there's still something missing. I'm running a
> current CVS and I have all these settings activated... still the same
> behaviour :-(

Probably you were still using the old gpg.el.  "~" will not be a part
of the file name even if an error happens.  gpg.el will not be
automatically installed.  You have to recompile it and copy a load
path.

You can use the following setting to avoid the problem without
update gpg.el.

     (setq gpg-temp-directory (expand-file-name "~/.gnupg/tmp"))

ShengHuo

* Re: Problems with mailcrypt/gpg
@ 2000-12-14 16:07     ` Jeff Senn
From: Jeff Senn @ 2000-12-14 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norbert Koch <nk@LF.net> writes:
> Charles Sebold <csebold@ezl.com> writes:
> > ShengHuo fixed this for me in the latest CVS (early last week, perhaps,
> > was the change?).  Of course you need the following in your .gnus or
> > somewhere similar:
> >
> > (require 'gpg)
> > (setq mml2015-use 'gpg)
> > (setq gpg-temp-directory "~/.gnupg/tmp")
> >
> > And you need the gpg.el in Gnus' contrib/ directory.
>
> No, unfortunately, there's still something missing. I'm running a
> current CVS and I have all these settings activated... still the same
> behaviour :-(

Which OS/platform?

On my Win98 box I had to modify gpg.el to ignore the protection mask
on the directory (it's never going to be 0700 on non-NT-windows :-) )

--
-Jas
--------------------|    / / |-/ \ / /|

* Re: Problems with mailcrypt/gpg
@ 2000-12-14 16:08       ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2000-12-14 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

Hi!

> Probably you were still using the old gpg.el.  "~" will not be a part
> of the file name even if an error happens.  gpg.el will not be
> automatically installed.  You have to recompile it and copy a load
> path.

Yup, I missed that :-/

Thanks, it works now!

@ 2000-12-15  5:29       ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-12-15  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeff Senn <senn@maya.com> writes:

> On my Win98 box I had to modify gpg.el to ignore the protection mask
> on the directory (it's never going to be 0700 on non-NT-windows :-) )

Fixed.

ShengHuo

* Re: Problems with mailcrypt/gpg
@ 2000-12-15 15:38         ` Jeff Senn
From: Jeff Senn @ 2000-12-15 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Jeff Senn <senn@maya.com> writes:
>
> > On my Win98 box I had to modify gpg.el to ignore the protection mask
> > on the directory (it's never going to be 0700 on non-NT-windows :-) )
>
> Fixed.

Thanks! Thanks!

Here's another:

I would like to have command options for GPG (i.e. ones that apply to
all GPG invocations; like "--homedir") On windows the GPG option file
path must be hardcoded or in the system registry and I'd rather not do
either.  Anyway... I saw no existing easy way to do this so I added:

(defcustom gpg-command-all-arglist
  nil
  "List of arguments to add to all GPG commands."
  :tag "All command args"
  :group 'gpg-options)

and

(defun gpg-build-arg-list (template substitutions)
  (let (arglist)
+   (setq arglist (copy-list gpg-command-all-arglist))
    (while template

Alternative (better) solutions welcome...

--
-Jas

* Re: Problems with mailcrypt/gpg
@ 2000-12-20  3:05           ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-12-20  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jeff Senn <senn@maya.com> writes:

> I would like to have command options for GPG (i.e. ones that apply to
> all GPG invocations; like "--homedir") On windows the GPG option file
> path must be hardcoded or in the system registry and I'd rather not do
> either.  Anyway... I saw no existing easy way to do this so I added:
>
> (defcustom gpg-command-all-arglist
>   nil
>   "List of arguments to add to all GPG commands."
>   :tag "All command args"
>   :group 'gpg-options)
>
> and
>
> (defun gpg-build-arg-list (template substitutions)
>   (let (arglist)
> +   (setq arglist (copy-list gpg-command-all-arglist))
>     (while template

Added.

ShengHuo