* sorting groups by score
@ 2001-01-09 21:25 Nick Papadonis
From: Nick Papadonis @ 2001-01-09 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi I am sorting groups by score and am wondering why they are sorted:
- Most read at bottom of screen.
- Least read at top of screen.

Shouldn't it be reverse because after reading a group, you automatically
visit the next one below it.

Any insight appreciated. Thanks.

;; sort groups by score
(add-hook 'gnus-summary-exit-hook 'gnus-summary-bubble-group)
(add-hook 'gnus-summary-exit-hook 'gnus-group-sort-groups-by-score)

* Re: sorting groups by score
@ 2001-01-13  4:01 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-01-13  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nick Papadonis <nick@coelacanth.com> writes:

> Hi I am sorting groups by score and am wondering why they are sorted:
> - Most read at bottom of screen.
> - Least read at top of screen.
>
> Shouldn't it be reverse because after reading a group, you automatically
> visit the next one below it.
>
> Any insight appreciated. Thanks.
>
> ;; sort groups by score
> (add-hook 'gnus-summary-exit-hook 'gnus-summary-bubble-group)
> (add-hook 'gnus-summary-exit-hook 'gnus-group-sort-groups-by-score)

Fixed in oGnus v0.01.

You can use gnus-group-sort-groups-by-rank as the workaround in Gnus
5.8.8.

ShengHuo