* some more questions
@ 2001-10-07  3:02 Sailesh Krishnamurthy
From: Sailesh Krishnamurthy @ 2001-10-07  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks

I managed to find a pop3.el I could place in my local ~/elisp directory that
would give me the feature of "leave-messages-on-server" .. so I can
successfully read mail from a remote pop server.

Some more questions:

1. I used to have this wonderful 2-page reference guide to various Gnus
commands. I think it was in LaTeX format. I knew I had it 4 years back .. now
for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it. Can somebody help please ?

2. nnslashdot !! This is soooo cool :-) Unfortunately the web-version of
slashdot has changed .. screen-scraping is so fragile :-( Has nnslashdot been
updated ? Where can I find the latest version ? Will it run with Gnus 5.8.8 ?

3. It will be nice if there's a way to sync my local mail group corresponding
to my Yahoo inbox. Is that possible ?

4. When I'm in a group with mail fetched from a remote POP server is it
possible to automatically change the From and Reply-To field ? Perhaps even the
SMTP server ? Just the same way I'd like to automagically tack on a nospam
address for NNTP posts

Thanks much.

=====
Toodle-pip
Sailesh
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~sailesh
Ph: (510) 526-7850

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

* Re: some more questions
@ 2001-10-07  3:31 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-10-07  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sailesh Krishnamurthy <saileshwar@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi folks
>
> I managed to find a pop3.el I could place in my local ~/elisp directory that
> would give me the feature of "leave-messages-on-server" .. so I can
> successfully read mail from a remote pop server.
>
> Some more questions:
>
> 1. I used to have this wonderful 2-page reference guide to various
> Gnus commands. I think it was in LaTeX format. I knew I had it 4
> years back .. now for the life of me I can't figure out how to get
> it. Can somebody help please ?

In texi directory, run "make refcard.dvi" or "make refcard.pdf".

> 2. nnslashdot !! This is soooo cool :-) Unfortunately the
> web-version of slashdot has changed .. screen-scraping is so fragile
> :-( Has nnslashdot been updated ? Where can I find the latest
> version ? Will it run with Gnus 5.8.8 ?

A new version is in the Gnus CVS. You can get it from the oGnus nightly
snapshot tar ball. ftp://ftp.gnus.org/pub/gnus/snapshots/

> 3. It will be nice if there's a way to sync my local mail group
> corresponding to my Yahoo inbox. Is that possible ?

I don't know whether you can upload your local emails to yahoo server.

> 4. When I'm in a group with mail fetched from a remote POP server is
> it possible to automatically change the From and Reply-To field ?
> Perhaps even the SMTP server ? Just the same way I'd like to
> automagically tack on a nospam address for NNTP posts

gnus-posting-styles is your friend.

ShengHuo