* 1 g shows zombie groups
@ 2001-07-24 10:54 Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2001-07-24 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all

I just updated to the latest cvs Gnus and when I hit 1 g while unplugged, (I
use the agent) to fetch mail form my local spool all zombie groups became part
of my Group buffer.  This has never happened to me before, is this intended
behavior?

Henrik
--
I'm having a RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE..  and I don't take any DRUGS

* Re: 1 g shows zombie groups
@ 2001-07-28  0:35 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-07-28  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:

> Hi all
>
> I just updated to the latest cvs Gnus and when I hit 1 g while
> unplugged, (I use the agent) to fetch mail form my local spool all
> zombie groups became part of my Group buffer.  This has never
> happened to me before, is this intended behavior?

I never see this behavior.  I can't find any recent change may cause
this problem.  To narrow the problem, could you tell me when you
updated Gnus before the last update?

ShengHuo

* Re: 1 g shows zombie groups
@ 2001-07-31 19:36   ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2001-07-31 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> wrote:
> Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:
>>
>> I just updated to the latest cvs Gnus and when I hit 1 g while
>> unplugged, (I use the agent) to fetch mail form my local spool all
>> zombie groups became part of my Group buffer.  This has never
>> happened to me before, is this intended behavior?
>
> I never see this behavior.  I can't find any recent change may cause
> this problem.  To narrow the problem, could you tell me when you
> updated Gnus before the last update?

This happened to me twice with a Gnus checked out of CVS on 2001-07-24.  The
last update was 2 days before.  It only happened when my local spool was
empty.

Henrik
--
I always have fun because I'm out of my mind

* Re: 1 g shows zombie groups
@ 2001-07-31 19:58     ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2001-07-31 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> wrote:

> This happened to me twice with a Gnus checked out of CVS on 2001-07-24.  The
> last update was 2 days before.  It only happened when my local spool was
> empty.

It should also be noted that I updated again on July 25 and haven't seen this
since.

Henrik
--

@ 2002-01-11 20:52     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-01-11 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:

> ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> wrote:
>> Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:
>>>
>>> I just updated to the latest cvs Gnus and when I hit 1 g while
>>> unplugged, (I use the agent) to fetch mail form my local spool all
>>> zombie groups became part of my Group buffer.  This has never
>>> happened to me before, is this intended behavior?
>>
>> I never see this behavior.  I can't find any recent change may cause
>> this problem.  To narrow the problem, could you tell me when you
>> updated Gnus before the last update?
>
> This happened to me twice with a Gnus checked out of CVS on 2001-07-24.  The
> last update was 2 days before.  It only happened when my local spool was
> empty.

It seems that the active file of gnus agent is messed up.

ShengHuo