* gnus now requires openssl?
@ 2001-12-29 22:07 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2001-12-29 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just updated from cvs a few minutes ago, and now I can't post/reply
to news because I don't have openssl.  I get a backtrace that mentions
the message-canlock stuff, which seems to require it openssl.  I'll
look into installing it, but, well, *humph*!

Then after I get the backtrace, I can't post to news or mail.  Mail
posting complains about gnus-group-name-charset - something isn't a
string that shuld be, or vice-versa.  Sorry I can't post the
backtraces, but after the errors my gnus is mute.

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://members.wri.com/billw
"No ma'am, we're musicians."

* Re: gnus now requires openssl?
@ 2001-12-29 22:20 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-12-29 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> I just updated from cvs a few minutes ago, and now I can't post/reply
> to news because I don't have openssl.  I get a backtrace that mentions
> the message-canlock stuff, which seems to require it openssl.  I'll
> look into installing it, but, well, *humph*!
>
> Then after I get the backtrace, I can't post to news or mail.  Mail
> posting complains about gnus-group-name-charset - something isn't a
> string that shuld be, or vice-versa.  Sorry I can't post the
> backtraces, but after the errors my gnus is mute.

Fixed.  But if openssl were installed, it would be faster.

ShengHuo