* gnus-agentize
@ 2002-02-03 17:04 ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-02-03 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've make some changes in the Gnus CVS, so that we can customize the
gnus-agent variable to agentize gnus, instead explicitly putting
(gnus-agentize) into .gnus.  On the other word, you can substitute the
(gnus-agentize) line with (setq gnus-agent t) in .gnus. Of course,
without the substitution, it should work too.  Please test it.  I'll
change the info file in a few days.

ShengHuo

* Re: gnus-agentize
       [not found] ` <x7u3czid7m.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
@ 1997-11-26 21:45   ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1997-11-26 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Rat> What makes this a "good" default?  About half the time I start
Rat> Gnus with the agent I have a network connection, and half I do
Rat> not.  I use "gnus" to start Gnus when on the net,
Rat> "gnus-unplugged" when not.

I generally start gnus plugged and unplug after the mail has been
downloaded.  Since the starting of gnus actually does the network
link, its a minimum time situation in the first place.

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* gnus-agentize
@ 1997-11-26 19:20 uzs452
       [not found] ` <x7u3czid7m.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
From: uzs452 @ 1997-11-26 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

IMHO gnus-agentize should set gnus-plugged to nil. Its just convenience,
but good defaults make good software better. If you use a modem you save
every second online and start gnus before connecting. Its just nasty to
hit C-g on every startup. I have set it in gnus.el now but its one more
step to tell a newbie.

Johannes Niess