* gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy-regexp doesn't work as a group parameter
@ 2011-03-28 13:28 Michael Hohmuth
From: Michael Hohmuth @ 2011-03-28 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I have a group with the following group parameters set:

((gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy-regexp '("^.*?#" " .*$"))
 (gnus-simplify-subject-functions    '(gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy)))

For some reason, the gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy-regexp is read in nil
in gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy (verified with the debugger).  I can only
get it to work when setting gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy-regexp as a
global variable.

It looks like Gnus sets gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy-regexp as a local
variable in the Article buffer, but the gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy
function is called in (or switches into) another context and does not
see the right value.  I'm not sure how to fix this -- any ideas?

Michael

* Re: gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy-regexp doesn't work as a group parameter
@ 2011-03-29 17:43 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-03-29 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Michael Hohmuth <hohmuth@require-re.de> writes:

> It looks like Gnus sets gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy-regexp as a local
> variable in the Article buffer, but the gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy
> function is called in (or switches into) another context and does not
> see the right value.  I'm not sure how to fix this -- any ideas?

Should probably be fixed in git Gnus now.  Could you test?

* Re: gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy-regexp doesn't work as a group parameter
@ 2011-05-30 20:15   ` Michael Hohmuth
From: Michael Hohmuth @ 2011-05-30 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Michael Hohmuth <hohmuth@require-re.de> writes:
>
>> It looks like Gnus sets gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy-regexp as a local
>> variable in the Article buffer, but the gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy
>> function is called in (or switches into) another context and does not
>> see the right value.  I'm not sure how to fix this -- any ideas?
>
> Should probably be fixed in git Gnus now.  Could you test?

I can confirm that this now works as expected.  Thanks!

(Sorry for the late response -- I somehow missed your reply to my