* Group buffer and IMAP
@ 2002-08-14  9:42 Alexander Kotelnikov
From: Alexander Kotelnikov @ 2002-08-14  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I have faced a problem with groups lines in Group buffer. The trouble
is that number of non-read messages in group, written in the default
group line, do not corresponds to number of really non-read messages,
if I have read some of them from another client (also gnus, but from
another machine). Is there any way to make gnus writing groups info as
it is expected?

PS Keep on Cc'ing me, please.

Thanks,
--
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia

* Re: Group buffer and IMAP
@ 2002-08-14 10:31 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-08-14 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> I have faced a problem with groups lines in Group buffer. The trouble is
> that number of non-read messages in group, written in the default group
> line, do not corresponds to number of really non-read messages, if I
> have read some of them from another client (also gnus, but from another
> machine). Is there any way to make gnus writing groups info as it is
> expected?

That figure is an estimate, and is sometimes wrong.

You can press M-g on the group to fix it.

Maybe this could be fixed in Gnus though..