From: Peter Riocreux <peter.riocreux@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: nnfolder woes
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 08:11:14 GMT	[thread overview]

>>"TB" == Tony Bennett <tbennett@chapelhill.hp.com> writes:

 Tony> Server nnfolder:mailinglists looks like this:

 Tony> (nnfolder "mailinglists" (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/Lists/")
 Tony> (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/Lists/active")
 Tony> (nnfolder-get-new-mail t))

 Tony> I created group nnfolder:ml.ding using 'G m' and then edited
 Tony> its select method to look like:

 Tony> (nnfolder "" 'nnfolder:mailinglists)

 Kai> Make this (nnfolder "mailinglists").  I'm not sure if it works,
 Kai> though.

 TB> This didn't help.  Still get: Can't select group

 TB> It did seem to create a (uneditable) new server, tho.  So now I
 TB> have 2 named 'nnfolder:mailinglists' :-(

 TB> Does anyone have a working example of nnfolder & procmail usage?
 TB> Didn't see one in sample gnus.el files.

I think you will find the problem is the line:
    (setq nnmail-use-procmail t)

I assumed that this had to be set thus in odrder to make nnmail use
procmail, but this is no so.  I am not sure what the factory setting
is, but I just don't change it and everything workd with an otherwise
almost identical setup to you.

HTH

BTW.  Can anyone tell me how to unsubscribe from this list - all
normal majordomo methods have failed me so far (ding-request@,
majordomo@ etc.).  I don't even get a response from ding-request.

Pete

--
Peter Riocreux, Amulet Group, Dept. Computer Science, Manchester University,
Oxford Road, MANCHESTER, M13 9PL, UK.      <http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/amulet/>