* dormant articles: gnus-data-list doesn't have the message ID and other data
@ 2004-01-07 18:55 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2004-01-07 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

For dormant articles, the following function (from spam.el) and other
similar functions that depend on gnus-data-list return nil:

(defun spam-fetch-field-message-id-fast (article)
  "Fetch the `Message-ID' field quickly, using the internal
  gnus-data-list function"
  (if (and (numberp article)
	   (assoc article (gnus-data-list nil)))
      (mail-header-message-id
       (gnus-data-header (assoc article (gnus-data-list nil))))
    nil))

The dormant articles, however, are returned by
(gnus-newsgroup-articles).  So I need to know if this is expected
behavior, and if so, what I can do about it?  I'd like to always be
able to retrieve the message ID, instead of having to check if it's
nil everywhere.  I'm OK with modifying my functions, as long as this
is known behavior and not a bug.

The same goes for the "From" and "Subject" fields, I'd also like to
have those available.

Thanks
Ted

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-01-07 18:55 UTC | newest]