* Keeping multiple imap-and-nntp-based gnusae in sync
@ 2003-04-14 23:41 Lloyd Zusman
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2003-04-14 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using a very recent version of Oort to access my imap and nntp
servers on a central host.  I have three installations of Oort on three
separate machines, each Oort instance configured identically to point to
the same imap and nntp servers.  I do this because during the course of
a day, I work from each of these three machines.

All this works fine, except for the inconvenient fact that my marks and
"read" statuses are local to each machine.  Therefore, I find myself
re-reading and re-marking messages when I go from machine to machine.

Has anyone invented a procedure for sync-ing marks and article statuses
across multiple versions of gnus?

Yes, I know that I can use rsync or something similar to keep the
appropriate files in sync on the various machines ... once I figure out
which files to sync up and not to sync up (any hints?).  But before I
re-invent the wheel, I'm wondering if someone else has tackled this
problem already, and if perhaps there's some existing software I can use
for this purpose.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman