* CVS tunneling
@ 2001-03-07 20:07 Joel Cordonnier
From: Joel Cordonnier @ 2001-03-07 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ljz

Hi!

When i search an Internet site that give advice on how
to do cvs tunneling through a firewall, I saw a mail
archive with your adress. so i hope you can help me:

I'm a newbie with tunneling, I'm behind a firewall,
and i don't have any access to the proxy server of my
company. I want to participate to a news group, and i
cant't because of this firewall!

HOW TO tunnel my cvs connection ??????????

Thanks
Joel

* Re: CVS tunneling
@ 2001-03-07 21:12 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2001-03-07 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joel Cordonnier <joelcordonnier@yahoo.fr> writes:

> I'm a newbie with tunneling, I'm behind a firewall,
> and i don't have any access to the proxy server of my
> company. I want to participate to a news group, and i
> cant't because of this firewall!

Ask you local security guys to relax the restrictions for you.  If you
try to circumvent their secuity setup on your own, you can get into
big trouble.

* Re: CVS tunneling
@ 2001-03-07 21:22 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-03-07 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Joel Cordonnier

Joel Cordonnier <joelcordonnier@yahoo.fr> writes:

> Hi!
>
> When i search an Internet site that give advice on how
> to do cvs tunneling through a firewall, I saw a mail
> archive with your adress. so i hope you can help me:
>
> I'm a newbie with tunneling, I'm behind a firewall,
> and i don't have any access to the proxy server of my
> company. I want to participate to a news group, and i
> cant't because of this firewall!
>
> HOW TO tunnel my cvs connection ??????????

See http://www.cvshome.org/cyclic/cvs/dev-http.txt

ShengHuo