* gnus-article-de-quoted-unreadable brings back old friend \201
@ 2000-01-26 13:34 Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2000-01-26 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Pressing W q on this article fixes the German umlauts in the following
example.

,----[ example 1 ]
| Nein, nur in einigen Teilen Bayerns, wo der Sender auch im Kabel zu
| finden ist (auch nur in einigen St=E4dten). Im restlichen Europ gibt
| es ihn nur =FCber Astra 1E.
`----

If you do that repeatedly, our good old friend \201 appears on the
left of the decoded character. Furthermore, correctly encoded
characters like

,----[ example 2 ]
| ÄÖÜäöüß
`----

are accompanied by \201 too. Is that an unavoidable side effect?

[Recent Gnus 5.8.4 CVS with Emacs 20.3.1 MULE]

Cheers,
  Ray
--
Raymond Scholz -*- rscholz@tzi.de -*- http://www.tzi.de/~rscholz/
FB 3 Informatik, Universität Bremen -*- PGP key available via WWW

* Re: gnus-article-de-quoted-unreadable brings back old friend \201
@ 2000-01-26 15:02 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-01-26 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Happens with Emacs 20.5, too.  Also Gnus from CVS as of yesterday or so.
kai

* Re: gnus-article-de-quoted-unreadable brings back old friend \201
@ 2000-01-26 17:05   ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-01-26 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

KG> Happens with Emacs 20.5, too.  Also Gnus from CVS as of yesterday or so.

Fixed.

--
Shenghuo