* mbox as changed on disk, really edit?
@ 2000-02-28 23:56 Chris Richards
From: Chris Richards @ 2000-02-28 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I occassionaly get this message when I want to leave my buffer via
'q'.  I only read from $MAIL and no other process writes to
~/Mail/mbox.  I usually answer 'revert buffer'.

Anyone seen this before?

Cheers,
cjr

* Re: mbox as changed on disk, really edit?
@ 2000-02-29  9:31 ` Ulf Rompe
From: Ulf Rompe @ 2000-02-29  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Richards <cjr@netpliance.net> writes:

> I occassionaly get this message when I want to leave my buffer via
> 'q'.  I only read from $MAIL and no other process writes to
> ~/Mail/mbox.

Maybe your home directory is mounted via NFS and the client / server
clocks are not synchronized?

[x] ulf

* Re: mbox as changed on disk, really edit?
@ 2000-02-29 13:56   ` Chris Richards
From: Chris Richards @ 2000-02-29 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hrm.  Close.  My home directory *is* mounted via NFS, but the ~/Mail/
directory (on NFS) is a symlink back to /users/chrisr/Mail which is
local.  The latter path is not exported--in other words, I can access
~/Mail/ only when I am on my Linux box.

I mainly did this thinking I would see an improvement in speed on
large nnfolders because the files are stored locally.

Cheers,
cjr