* Renaming an nnml backend
@ 1998-07-21 13:29 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 1998-07-21 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I created a secondary-select-method using (nnml "foo") and have several
mailboxes associated with it.  I now want to change the name of the nnml
backend to something else.  What is the easiest way to move all may existing
groups from the old named backend to the new one?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com

* Re: Renaming an nnml backend
@ 1998-07-21 14:24 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-07-21 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> I created a secondary-select-method using (nnml "foo") and have several
> mailboxes associated with it.  I now want to change the name of the nnml
> backend to something else.  What is the easiest way to move all may existing
> groups from the old named backend to the new one?

Edit the .newsrc.eld file, I guess.

* Re: Renaming an nnml backend
@ 1998-07-22  8:14   ` Steinar Bang
       [not found]     ` <6f90lmguuq.fsf@bavur.dna.lth.se>
From: Steinar Bang @ 1998-07-22  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:
>> I created a secondary-select-method using (nnml "foo") and have several
>> mailboxes associated with it.  I now want to change the name of the nnml
>> backend to something else.  What is the easiest way to move all may existing
>> groups from the old named backend to the new one?

> Edit the .newsrc.eld file, I guess.

...*and* rename the folder directory...?

* Re: Renaming an nnml backend
       [not found]     ` <6f90lmguuq.fsf@bavur.dna.lth.se>
@ 1998-07-22 18:22       ` Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 1998-07-22 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

    >>> Edit the .newsrc.eld file, I guess.

    >> ...*and* rename the folder directory...?

    Kurt> When I went from nnfolder to nnml I discovered that you basically
    Kurt> have to do this by hand.  This was because both assumed ~/Mail/active
    Kurt> was for them and them only...

So what exactly did you have to tweak?