* browsing html emails in browser
@ 2011-05-29  7:54 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-05-29  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

What's the or is there a way to open an email directly using
browse-url-generic from the group summary buffer without the need to
render inside gnus? K H (gnus-article-browse-html-article )but without
the built in gnus article buffer and subsequent "delete temporary html"
prompt? I find more and more emails I want to see are pretty intense
html ones and really need a proper browser view e.g Amazon account
info/book recommendations.

* Re: browsing html emails in browser
@ 2011-05-29  9:44   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-05-29  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antoine Levitt; +Cc: ding

Antoine Levitt <antoine.levitt@gmail.com> writes:

> 29/05/11 09:54, Richard Riley
>> What's the or is there a way to open an email directly using
>> browse-url-generic from the group summary buffer without the need to
>> render inside gnus? K H (gnus-article-browse-html-article )but without
>> the built in gnus article buffer and subsequent "delete temporary html"
>> prompt? I find more and more emails I want to see are pretty intense
>> html ones and really need a proper browser view e.g Amazon account
>> info/book recommendations.
>
> Is (setq gnus-article-browse-delete-temp t) what you're looking for? Or
> do you need a way to bypass the article buffer entirely? That might be
> tricky, but then again what's the harm in opening an article buffer?
>
> I use this whenever I need to render a HTML mail, works fine.

I'd like to avoid the gnus article buffer completely, its slow and
unreliable. Its not the worst thing in the world, but a way to launch
the html directly into the browser with no further gnus intervention
would be nice. The setting above helps a tad.

* Re: browsing html emails in browser
@ 2011-05-29  9:49 ` Antoine Levitt
From: Antoine Levitt @ 2011-05-29  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding