* bug in level code in latest oort
@ 2002-03-12  1:30 Ami Fischman
From: Ami Fischman @ 2002-03-12  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using CVS oort from couple of days ago w/ emacs 21.1.  I use level 2 for
nnml groups, level 3 for "close" nntp groups, and level 4 for "far" nntp
groups.  Thus, to check just my mail spool, I do "2 g" in the group buffer.
This works most of the time.  However, sometimes a "2 g" results in what
looks like would happen if I hit "20 g" -- all of the configured nntp
servers get queried, and zombie/killed groups are suddenly listed as well.
I can do a subsequent "2 l" to restrict the listing, but it is a major PITA
to have to wait for many faraway nntp servers to respond (the reason why I'm
using levels in the first place).  If I C-g in the middle of the querying of
the nntp's (actually, I need to hit C-g many times before it stops), some of
the nntp connections will get marked "(denied)" in the Servers buffer and
have to be manually re-O'd to be useful after that (in the current gnus
session).

Anyone seeing any similar symptoms?  Any idea what's up with this?

The only levels-related stuff in my .gnus is:

(custom-set-variables
 '(gnus-activate-level 2)
 '(gnus-level-default-subscribed 3))

and most of the time levels DO work correctly, so I don't think it's a
config error...

Thanks,
--
  Ami Fischman
  usenet@fischman.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-03-12  1:30 UTC | newest]