* unplugged and still talking
@ 1999-12-22 20:22 John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 1999-12-22 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

At some point in the last month it seems some aspect of the Agent has
broken.  Now, although everything is still setup as it was, when I
type M-x gnus-unplugged it goes out and talks to the NNTP server to
read the active file.  This used not to be the case.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?  It makes using the Agent when
the Net is not available a bit of a pain, since some of the groups
refuse to indicate how many unread messages are in the group.

I've checked to make sure that all the servers are in the agent
program, that `gnus-agentize' is being run from .gnus.el, that all of
the newsgroups belong to the agentized servers, etc.

If there's any additional information need, I'd be happy to help.

Second question: Is it safe to run `gnus-agent-expire' in batch mode?

* Re: unplugged and still talking
@ 1999-12-23 18:41 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 1999-12-23 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Wiegley <johnw@gnu.org> writes:

> At some point in the last month it seems some aspect of the Agent
> has broken.  Now, although everything is still setup as it was, when
> I type M-x gnus-unplugged it goes out and talks to the NNTP server
> to read the active file.  This used not to be the case.

Please ignore the above.  It doesn't happen on my laptop, when not
connected to the Net.