* Sieve-Manage question: how to debug?
@ 2003-01-24 18:54 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-24 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I invoke sieve-manage, then hit RET on my script.  It ends with
"keep;".  I replace this line with "eep;" and hit C-c C-l.  The
message I get is:

Sieve upload failed: {38}

So, where do I go from here?  38 is not the line number with the
error, I think.  Is there any way to debug the problem?
--
Ambibibentists unite!

* Re: Sieve-Manage question: how to debug?
@ 2003-01-25 20:08 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-01-25 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> I invoke sieve-manage, then hit RET on my script.  It ends with
> "keep;".  I replace this line with "eep;" and hit C-c C-l.  The
> message I get is:
>
> Sieve upload failed: {38}
>
> So, where do I go from here?  38 is not the line number with the
> error, I think.  Is there any way to debug the problem?

The protocol dump probably looked like:

PUTSCRIPT ".sieve" {22202+}
script content....
eep;
NO {38}
script errors:
line 749: parse error

The parser didn't handle literal strings as error messages.  It should
now.

* Re: Sieve-Manage question: how to debug?
@ 2003-01-25 21:30   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-25 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The parser didn't handle literal strings as error messages.  It should
> now.

Thanks.  I haven't tested it yet, but I'll ask the person who
reported the error to do that.  I'll wait for the CVS snapshot
tomorrow, then report back.
--

@ 2003-01-25 21:33     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-25 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Thanks.  I haven't tested it yet, but I'll ask the person who
> reported the error to do that.  I'll wait for the CVS snapshot
> tomorrow, then report back.

Actually, I couldn't wait.  I tried the same thing, and I got
something along the lines of "line 40: parse error".  Great work!
--
Ambibibentists unite!