* Assignment procedure these days?
@ 2002-12-30 15:48 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-12-30 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've completely forgotten what the assignment procedure is these
days.  Are we still supposed to send a message to, er, some FSF
address asking them to mail the assignment papers to the person who's
doing the assignment?

* Re: Assignment procedure these days?
@ 2002-12-30 17:44 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-30 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

AFAIK, the person who wants to do the assignment sends a form like
the following via email.  They get back a piece of paper that they
then sign and snail back.

This form is for assign.future.  Not sure where to get other forms.
--
Ambibibentists unite!

[-- Attachment #2: request-assign.future --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 824 bytes --]

Please email the following information to fsf-records@gnu.org, and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.
Please use your full name as the subject line of the message.

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

* Re: Assignment procedure these days?
@ 2002-12-30 18:07   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-12-30 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> AFAIK, the person who wants to do the assignment sends a form like
> the following via email.  They get back a piece of paper that they
> then sign and snail back.

Ok; thanks.

* Re: Assignment procedure these days?
@ 2002-12-30 19:24     ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2002-12-30 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> AFAIK, the person who wants to do the assignment sends a form like
>> the following via email.  They get back a piece of paper that they
>> then sign and snail back.
>
> Ok; thanks.

To save 1 hop the hacker can print, sign and send the paper first; than
they will sign it and snail it back.  At least, it work for me this way
earlier this year.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o

* Re: Assignment procedure these days?
@ 2002-12-30 20:45       ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-30 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

> To save 1 hop the hacker can print, sign and send the paper first; than
> they will sign it and snail it back.  At least, it work for me this way
> earlier this year.

That's also how it worked for me, but now the procedure appears to
have been changed, for whatever reason.

--
Ambibibentists unite!

* Re: Assignment procedure these days?
@ 2002-12-31 10:41         ` Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-12-31 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

   From: kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann)
   Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:45:47 +0100

   > > To save 1 hop the hacker can print, sign and send the paper first; than
   > > they will sign it and snail it back.  At least, it work for me this way
   > > earlier this year.
   >
   > That's also how it worked for me, but now the procedure appears to
   > have been changed, for whatever reason.

The reason is simple: people are sending this paper when we need them to
send another paper. The first hop is for getting the *right* paper.
--
Pavel Janík

The more I learn about Linux kernel issues, the more I am considering to start
looking for Something Else(tm)... ;-)
                  -- Lars Marowsky-Bree in private e-mail