* Smiley icons are displayed strange
@ 2002-11-28 15:45 Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2002-11-28 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i am using CVS Gnus and CVS Emacs on Windows NT and have the
following switched on:

  (setq gnus-treat-display-smileys t)
  (add-hook 'gnus-article-display-hook 'gnus-smiley-display t))

The smileys are displayed as icons, but in a strange manner: Imagine
the icon cutted vertically in two equally sized halfs. Now the left
half is displayed right and the right half is displayed left...

Any idea? CVS Emacs problem?

Best regards,
cu, -cc-
        Pablo Picasso

* Re: Smiley icons are displayed strange
@ 2002-12-04 12:00 ` Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2002-12-04 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i solved the problem. I discovered that e.g. "smile.pbm" from CVS
Emacs Gnus is displayed correctly, the same file from CVS Gnus is not.
This is cause the pbm's in CVS Gnus are not checked in binary, i.e.
with sticky option "-kb". So under Windows NT every "Linefeed" in a
PBM is checked out as "carriage return/linefeed", which breaks the
file. In CVS Emacs they are correctly checked in.

* Re: Smiley icons are displayed strange
@ 2002-12-05 10:47   ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]     ` <i56znrkqw6w.fsf@mao.acc.umu.se>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-05 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christoph Conrad <cco@ivu.de> writes:

> i solved the problem. I discovered that e.g. "smile.pbm" from CVS
> Emacs Gnus is displayed correctly, the same file from CVS Gnus is not.
> This is cause the pbm's in CVS Gnus are not checked in binary, i.e.
> with sticky option "-kb". So under Windows NT every "Linefeed" in a
> PBM is checked out as "carriage return/linefeed", which breaks the
> file. In CVS Emacs they are correctly checked in.

How to find out which files are affected?

Under Unix, it should be sufficient to say "cvs admin -kb $FILE" on
each affected file, right?  (Then "cvs ci", I guess.)

Or maybe I should just do "cvs admin -kb" on *all* of the *.[xp][bp]m files?

* Re: Smiley icons are displayed strange
@ 2002-12-05 11:33     ` Christoph Conrad
       [not found]     ` <i56znrkqw6w.fsf@mao.acc.umu.se>
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2002-12-05 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Kai,

    > Under Unix, it should be sufficient to say "cvs admin -kb $FILE" on
    > each affected file, right?  (Then "cvs ci", I guess.)

This looks ok, my cvsbook says exactly that ("cvs admin -kb <file>").
I use "cvs commit", but that is probably the same as "cvs ci".

    > Or maybe I should just do "cvs admin -kb" on *all* of the
    > *.[xp][bp]m files?

I don't know the xpm-format, but it looks not binary for me. According
to that the xpms are not checked in binary in CVS Emacs.

@ 2002-12-05 17:28       ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-05 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

stktrc <stktrc@yahoo.com> writes:

> If this is about how to find out what keyword options a file has, try
> "cvs status *.pbm", and see if -kb is under Sticky Options.

etc/smileys/*.pbm were all missing the option, I've added it.
etc/gnus/*.pbm had the option already, so I didn't change anything
there.

Please let me know if I did it wrong or if any files are missing.

(It seems `cvs commit' was not needed.)