* expiry-target?
@ 2017-04-22 19:36 Dave Goldberg
From: Dave Goldberg @ 2017-04-22 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Verizon has eliminated email hosting and moved customers to AOL.  It's embarrassing to be using that but it allowed me to keep my email address and provides a working IMAP service which I much prefer to Verizon's earlier POP3.  I've therefore migrated from nnml to nnimap and it's nice to keep my PC and phone in sync.  With that in mind, I'm trying to decide whether I prefer my use of total-expire in my INBOX (moving anything I want to save to another folder) or being more consistent with the MUA I use on my phone (K9 on Android) where I get rid of stuff by manually deleting it, which moves it to a trash folder which gets emptied automatically.  That led me to try setting expiry-target to point to the nnimap group for the Trash folder.  Bottom line, it's not working.  Expiry, whether by mark with E or by exceeding the expiry-wait time, just deletes the messages.  As a practical matter that's not a terrible thing - I was just going to do that anyway, but it seems wrong that a documented feature is not working.

I've tried setting nnmail-expiry-target in .emacs to "nnimap+imap.aol.com:Trash" as well as putting (expiry-target . "nnimap+imap.aol.com:Trash") in the parameters (via G-p in the group buffer) for the relevant folders.

I've tried setting gnus-verbose to 10 but all I see is a message that messages are being expired.  Nothing about how.

I'm running the last checkout of the git repository before gnus moved to emacs-dev: Ma Gnus v0.16 on GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.4) of 2016-12-15

Thanks,
--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-04-22 19:36 UTC | newest]