* sent as read
@ 2010-12-15 10:18 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-12-15 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

Using nnimap, my "sent" are appearing as unread. Is there a gnus way to
either turn off the message count for a group or a cleverer way to mark
sent as read? I quick google showed all sorts of differing opinions so
I thought I'd see if there is a built in way. I realise I can hide the
group completely. I guess I could score myself down too. Other ways?

* Re: sent as read
@ 2010-12-15 11:37 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2010-12-15 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> Using nnimap, my "sent" are appearing as unread. Is there a gnus way to
> either turn off the message count for a group or a cleverer way to mark
> sent as read? I quick google showed all sorts of differing opinions so
> I thought I'd see if there is a built in way. I realise I can hide the
> group completely. I guess I could score myself down too. Other ways?

I guess it depends on how you're putting things in "sent". If using gcc:

`gnus-gcc-mark-as-read' is a variable declared in Lisp.
  -- loaded from "gnus-msg"

Value: nil

Documentation:
If non-nil, automatically mark Gcc articles as read.

(I have not tested it with nnimap)

Robert

* Re: sent as read
@ 2010-12-15 11:48   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-12-15 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Using nnimap, my "sent" are appearing as unread. Is there a gnus way to
>> either turn off the message count for a group or a cleverer way to mark
>> sent as read? I quick google showed all sorts of differing opinions so
>> I thought I'd see if there is a built in way. I realise I can hide the
>> group completely. I guess I could score myself down too. Other ways?
>
> I guess it depends on how you're putting things in "sent". If using gcc:
>
> `gnus-gcc-mark-as-read' is a variable declared in Lisp.
>   -- loaded from "gnus-msg"
>
> Value: nil
>
> Documentation:
> If non-nil, automatically mark Gcc articles as read.
>
> (I have not tested it with nnimap)
>
> Robert

yes, this is fine for local nnmail archives but I dont keep them as
gmail does it for me.

I was referring to nnimap sent, sorry for not being clearer e.g

gmail:sent

* Re: sent as read
@ 2010-12-15 11:52   ` Dave Goldberg
From: Dave Goldberg @ 2010-12-15 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>> Using nnimap, my "sent" are appearing as unread. Is there a gnus way to
>> either turn off the message count for a group or a cleverer way to mark
>> sent as read? I quick google showed all sorts of differing opinions so
>> I thought I'd see if there is a built in way. I realise I can hide the
>> group completely. I guess I could score myself down too. Other ways?

> I guess it depends on how you're putting things in "sent". If using gcc:

> `gnus-gcc-mark-as-read' is a variable declared in Lisp.
>   -- loaded from "gnus-msg"

> Value: nil

> Documentation:
> If non-nil, automatically mark Gcc articles as read.

> (I have not tested it with nnimap)

It works quite well with nnimap, though lately I've been having some specific trouble with an Exchange server.  I've got another thread on that.  It's that's related to a TLS problem, or maybe XEmacs.  As far as I can tell I'm the only one experiencing it.

--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net