* Add elisp SASL Library?
@ 2003-04-19 11:32 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-04-19 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

The papers for the elisp SASL library should be solved now, but is it
too late to add the package to Gnus before 5.10?  It is IMHO nice,
modularized, code and has a texinfo manual.  The code is nicer than
the ad-hoc SASL support in imap.el.  The code has been part of XEmacs
for a while:

http://cvs.xemacs.org/viewcvs.cgi/XEmacs/packages/xemacs-packages/sasl/

The Sieve XEmacs package has been using it.

I have been running with a imap.el modified to use it for a while, and
any bugs are likely to be rather severe so people should have time to
notice them before 5.10.

So the only really experimental code are my imap.el modifications.

Should I go ahead and add it, or is it too late?

* Re: Add elisp SASL Library?
@ 2003-04-19 18:15 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-19 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

[X] Go for it.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)

* Re: Add elisp SASL Library?
@ 2003-04-27  3:17 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-04-27  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Should I go ahead and add it, or is it too late?

Uhm...  we are in feature freeze, but if you think that the impact on
the rest of the code is likely to be zero, go ahead and add it.

If not, it should probably wait until No Gnus.

* Re: Add elisp SASL Library?
@ 2003-04-27 15:33   ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-04-27 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> Should I go ahead and add it, or is it too late?
>
> Uhm...  we are in feature freeze, but if you think that the impact on
> the rest of the code is likely to be zero, go ahead and add it.
>
> If not, it should probably wait until No Gnus.

I think the impact is minimal, but the legal papers hasn't arrived
yet.  Perhaps we can add it to the next 5.10 stable release?  I'm
assuming No Gnus will not commence immediately, but that a stable
release cycle has started.

* Re: Add elisp SASL Library?
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-04-28  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I think the impact is minimal, but the legal papers hasn't arrived
> yet.  Perhaps we can add it to the next 5.10 stable release?  I'm
> assuming No Gnus will not commence immediately, but that a stable
> release cycle has started.

I think Gnus 5.10 won't last all that long -- a couple of months or
something.  And then on to No Gnus.