* How to follow news:// link outside of message context?
@ 2003-06-25 11:21 Tom Koelman
From: Tom Koelman @ 2003-06-25 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I want to keep some news:// links in a text file for easy retrieval
later on, but I don't know how to "follow" them outside of message
context. If I get a message containing such a link it is buttonized, I
just can press "enter" to do just that, how to achieve this outside of
a message?

Tom

* Re: How to follow news:// link outside of message context?
@ 2003-06-25 22:39 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-06-25 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 25 2003, Tom Koelman wrote:

> I want to keep some news:// links in a text file for easy retrieval
> later on, but I don't know how to "follow" them outside of message
> context. If I get a message containing such a link it is buttonized, I
> just can press "enter" to do just that, how to achieve this outside of
> a message?

You may use `gnus-button-handle-news' in this way:

(gnus-button-handle-news "news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/53256")

You need to strip the "news://" part.  It would be nice to have a Gnus
function, accepting valid URLs, that could be used together with
`ffap' for such URLs.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: How to follow news:// link outside of message context?
@ 2003-06-26 11:38 ` Daniel Néri
From: Daniel Néri @ 2003-06-26 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom Koelman <tkoelman@xs4all.nl> writes:

> I want to keep some news:// links in a text file for easy retrieval
> later on, but I don't know how to "follow" them outside of message
> context. If I get a message containing such a link it is buttonized,
> I just can press "enter" to do just that, how to achieve this
> outside of a message?

You can use M-x goto-address to get "clickable" URLs in any buffer.

Regards,
  --Daniel

* Re: How to follow news:// link outside of message context?
@ 2003-06-26 19:01   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-06-26 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

daniel.neri@sigicom.se (Daniel Néri) writes:

> You can use M-x goto-address to get "clickable" URLs in any buffer.

Doesn't work with smb:// urls.  But thats probably work for TRAMP devel.

* Re: How to follow news:// link outside of message context?
@ 2003-06-27  7:25     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-27  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> daniel.neri@sigicom.se (Daniel Néri) writes:
>
>> You can use M-x goto-address to get "clickable" URLs in any buffer.
>
> Doesn't work with smb:// urls.  But thats probably work for TRAMP devel.

Yeah, I will have to work on making Tramp use a URL-like filename
format.
--
~/.signature