* Can't find the right article via subject header
@ 2003-06-13 14:43 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-13 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Consider the following snippet from my summary buffer:

   Marks &c           From              Subject
-------------------  ---------------   --------------------
 ! +Thu 05.06.,0.4M: Kai Großjohann  | Bewerbung als Software-Engineer (Id 7c09b73a2484)
 ! +Mon 12:47h,0.4M: Kai Großjohann  |
 !      15:01h,4.1k: Annemarie.Creme |   ╰─╮ AW: Bewerbung als Software-Engineer (Kz. ASch 04/03)

"Bewerbung als" means "application for position as" -- I'm looking
for a job.  In case you are wondering :-)

The last message didn't have a references header, when I received
it.  So I wanted to use `T ^' to adopt it in the right thread.  "Kz."
stands for "Kennziffer" which means "identifying number".  I thought
that would be a sure way to find the right parent.  So I typed C-r
(the message was the last in the summary buffer) to search backward
for the right parent.  But I couldn't find it!

This is not good.

I guess it must be a pilot error, but I can't remember that I did
anything that would cause subjects to disappear.  For example,
gnus-simplify-subject-functions is nil.  *looking*  Hm.
gnus-summary-gather-subject-limit is fuzzy, but
gnus-simplify-subject-fuzzy-regexp is nil.

Help?
--
This line is not blank.

* Re: Can't find the right article via subject header
@ 2003-10-18  0:21 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-10-18  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> The last message didn't have a references header, when I received
> it.  So I wanted to use `T ^' to adopt it in the right thread.  "Kz."
> stands for "Kennziffer" which means "identifying number".  I thought
> that would be a sure way to find the right parent.  So I typed C-r
> (the message was the last in the summary buffer) to search backward
> for the right parent.  But I couldn't find it!

Uhm, er...  you don't use some form of gnus-summary-line-format that
only displays the subject of roots unconditionally, or something like
that?