* IMAP deleting mails
@ 2003-03-17 16:02 Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2003-03-17 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I move a mail from one IMAP folder to another (this is onthe same
server) the moved Email gets marked "G" in the old folder. Similar
when I B DEL a message.

However, when I re-enter the folder it is in there marked "O". Why
isn't it gone?

This is with Emacs 21.2.1 and Oort Gnus v0.15.

Greetings,
Jochen
        Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll

* Re: IMAP deleting mails
@ 2003-03-23 13:25 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-23 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jochen Küpper <jochen@fhi-berlin.mpg.de> writes:

> When I move a mail from one IMAP folder to another (this is onthe same
> server) the moved Email gets marked "G" in the old folder. Similar
> when I B DEL a message.
>
> However, when I re-enter the folder it is in there marked "O". Why
> isn't it gone?

Good question.  Is it still in a cache of some kind, perhaps the
agent header cache?  What happens when you `g' on it?

* nnimap problems (was: deleting mails)
@ 2003-03-23 14:41   ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2003-03-23 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:25:14 +0100 Kai Großjohann wrote:

Kai> Jochen Küpper <jochen@fhi-berlin.mpg.de> writes:

>> When I move a mail from one IMAP folder to another (this is on the
>> same server) the moved Email gets marked "G" in the old folder.
>> Similar when I B DEL a message.
>>
>> However, when I re-enter the folder it is in there marked "O". Why
>> isn't it gone?

Kai> Good question.  Is it still in a cache of some kind, perhaps the
Kai> agent header cache?

Hmm, whee exactly would you think? In my  .../agent/ dir is only one
file where I can find a reference:
,----
| .../agent/nnimap/FHI/INBOX/.overview
`----
If I delete the message the reference in that file is gone, stays away
when I leave the group, fetch new news/mail, but re-appears when I
enter the group with C-u <SPACE>.

Kai> What happens when you `g' on it?

You mean right after I "B DEL" it? I get
,----
| No such article (may have expired or been canceled)
`----
When it's back upon entering the group the next time, it's just
shown:(

I just realixe that my IMAP groups also don't have "coding":( That is,
all articles a "greenish" in the summary buffer, no matter what marks
they haev. (Normally "O" is blueish, ticked is red, ...)

Maybe this issues are related?

Greetings,
Jochen
        Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll

* Re: nnimap problems
@ 2003-03-24 21:11     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-24 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jochen Küpper <jochen@jochen-kuepper.de> writes:

> Hmm, whee exactly would you think? In my  .../agent/ dir is only one
> file where I can find a reference:
> ,----
> | .../agent/nnimap/FHI/INBOX/.overview
> `----
> If I delete the message the reference in that file is gone, stays away
> when I leave the group, fetch new news/mail, but re-appears when I
> enter the group with C-u <SPACE>.
>
> Kai> What happens when you `g' on it?
>
> You mean right after I "B DEL" it? I get
> ,----
> | No such article (may have expired or been canceled)
> `----
> When it's back upon entering the group the next time, it's just
> shown:(

You mean after deleting it, `g' shows this error message, but when
quitting the group and then entering it again, you see a summary line
for the message, and *then* `g' on it shows the full message?

Weird.

> I just realixe that my IMAP groups also don't have "coding":( That is,
> all articles a "greenish" in the summary buffer, no matter what marks
> they haev. (Normally "O" is blueish, ticked is red, ...)

Hm.  Greenish probably means that they are not downloaded.

* Re: nnimap problems
@ 2003-03-25  7:52       ` Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2003-03-25  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> You mean after deleting it, `g' shows this error message, but when
> quitting the group and then entering it again, you see a summary line
> for the message, and *then* `g' on it shows the full message?

Same problem here. I haven't updated my gnus in almost two
weeks, but I haven't seen any changes in the changelog that
are likely to affect this.

> Weird.

Indeed. I also see this when moving messages, not only when
deleting them. I have to expire them after a move to make
them go away.

Niklas

* Re: nnimap problems
@ 2003-03-27 18:15       ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2003-03-27 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:11:31 +0100 Kai Großjohann wrote:

Sorry, out of town for a few days...

Kai> Jochen Küpper <jochen@jochen-kuepper.de> writes:

>> If I delete the message the reference in that file is gone, stays away
>> when I leave the group, fetch new news/mail, but re-appears when I
>> enter the group with C-u <SPACE>.
>>
Kai> What happens when you `g' on it?
>>
>> You mean right after I "B DEL" it? I get
>> ,----
>> | No such article (may have expired or been canceled)
>> `----
>> When it's back upon entering the group the next time, it's just
>> shown:(

Kai> You mean after deleting it, `g' shows this error message, but when
Kai> quitting the group and then entering it again, you see a summary line
Kai> for the message, and *then* `g' on it shows the full message?

Exactly!

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:52:20 +0100 Niklas Morberg wrote:

Niklas> Indeed. I also see this when moving messages, not only when
Niklas> deleting them. I have to expire them after a move to make
Niklas> them go away.

Yep, as said earlier: Every action that should delete a message does
the same weird thing here.

Greetings,
Jochen
        Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll

* Re: nnimap problems
@ 2003-03-27 22:51     ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2003-03-27 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 15:41:48 +0100 Jochen Küpper wrote:

Jochen> I just realize that my IMAP groups also don't have "coding":(
Jochen> That is, all articles a "greenish" in the summary buffer, no
Jochen> matter what marks they have. (Normally "O" is blueish, ticked
Jochen> is red, ...)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:20:00 -0600 Kevin Greiner wrote:

Kevin> Steven E. Harris <seharris@raytheon.com> writes:

>> Is there some way to get the header caching benefits of the agent
>> without sacrificing the existing summary buffer information? For
>> example, I consider a message being ticked or having been read to
>> take precedence over whether or not it's been downloaded.

Kevin> I suspect that your views concerning precidence are driven by
Kevin> the fact that your agentizing an existing group. However, gnus
Kevin> aims to please all, so try customizing gnus-summary-highlight.
Kevin> All that you need do is delete the three cons cells whose cdr
Kevin> name a gnus*undownloaded-face.

Works for me:) Thanks.

Greetings,
Jochen